Sony Showcase RX1 Images

biglouis said:
Typical of the kind of wide dynamic range the RX1 supports.

9490549476_fda800c188_b_d.jpg
Indeed. I would love to know what in-camera and post-production settings you used for this shot.

One of the things I like about the RX1 and other compacts is their portability (pretty obvious but true). This allows me to capture slices of life as I wander around Whitechapel and Bethnal Green which I just would be able to with larger more inconvenient camera systems.

RX1, Bethnal Green - Wedding Arch. Processed in LR5 and Silver Effex.

9516610459_74b9fb8b10_o_d.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Blue Hour-Liquid Nitrogen

I drove into work this morning right at the peak of blue hour. I noticed that the Liquid Nitrogen was leaking out of our Autoclave piping; turning to gas and flowing along the ground.

Perfect picture opportunity.

I used f/8, a long 1.3 second shutter speed to blur the gas, and other than upping the clarity and saturation...this is straight out of the camera jpg.

9520675203_4f08c83d45_c.jpg
[/url]
Piping-Blue-Hour by rpavich, on Flickrr[/IMG]

Others from today. The end of winter.

rx1_end_of_winter.jpg

rx1_end_of_winter_2.jpg

rx1_end_of_winter_3.jpg

The first photo is very nice. I have noticed a seamless, creamy quality in RX1 photo's. your's takes advantage of the trait very well. I believe it was your first photo in this thread that had similar qualities and is also one of my favorites from this thread. I don't do a lot of landscapes but have started because of the Rx1.

Gracie the wonder-Pug looking very regal in B&W.

Yongnuo YN560 at 1/2 power to her left. 33" shoot through umbrella.

ISO 100, ss-1/3200 f/4.

Agfa APX 100 film preset in Lightroom.

No sharpening, Jpeg, right out of the camera with no Lightroom surgery needed.

NOTE: FIXED THE BROKEN LINK

9527220313_b6b2f8bbf0_c.jpg
[/url]
Queen Gracie looking regal by rpavich, on Flickr[/IMG]

Print worthy with a big gilt frame - please be sure to hang her over the fireplace or perhaps the entry way just to the left of the sweeping staircase?

:bravo-009:

She looks as though she might be waiting for her martini.;)

(for some reason it's only showing up if I click on it - and it is well worth seeing!)

Thanks everyone! Just messing with flash on a boring morning. Gracie is a willing participant (usually)

Thankfully Pugs aren't known to move fast so IF I needed to drag the shutter, I could do it. :)

One from behind the scenes at a concert. RX1R

If you look over the drummers shoulder and to the right side of the image you can see the guitar players through the smoke.

Sorry, guess I had already posted this! Doh!

image.jpg

Back