Sony Showcase RX1 Images

Without Martin's exotic locales, just a walk through town...

10335929365_5a145b79b4_b.jpg

West Chester RX1-3-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Ahh, pokeweed :)

Interesting plant. (You may know some of this already, but if not I figured I'd share some info since I find it fascinating).

The juice from the strikingly colored berries has a strong color as you can see in your photo, and was actually used to make ink and dyes at one time in American history. In the early stages of the plant the leaves are edible as well. Once it gets to the point of growing berries and the stalk turning red though, it turns toxic and has some pretty strong emetic effects so I don't recommend sampling it!

Ahh, pokeweed :)

Interesting plant. (You may know some of this already, but if not I figured I'd share some info since I find it fascinating).

The juice from the strikingly colored berries has a strong color as you can see in your photo, and was actually used to make ink and dyes at one time in American history. In the early stages of the plant the leaves are edible as well. Once it gets to the point of growing berries and the stalk turning red though, it turns toxic and has some pretty strong emetic effects so I don't recommend sampling it!
I had no idea what it was and had never heard of pokeweed until now. Just walking down the street and saw it growing. Thanks for the education!

-Ray

I had no idea what it was and had never heard of pokeweed until now. Just walking down the street and saw it growing. Thanks for the education!

It's an attention grabber with that color isn't it :D

I'm only familiar with it because it grows on our back patio, and I have a side interest in edible & medicinal plants.

10337262715_4dc19ba812_b.jpg

10346184104_3ef8a6b09d_b.jpg

10354104315_176fe6a7c8_b.jpg

Man I should have stayed away from this forum. Makes me wanna save up and grab an RX1. I wonder how the new A7 compares to RX1 but then again you will probably be spending more money on getting a great lens with it than the RX1.

Man I should have stayed away from this forum. Makes me wanna save up and grab an RX1. I wonder how the new A7 compares to RX1 but then again you will probably be spending more money on getting a great lens with it than the RX1.

If you get the A7 and the 35mm lens, you'd actually spend a bit less than an RX1 with the downside being about a stop less in the lens and giving up the silent shutter. And then any additional glass would add up from there. The A7r, OTOH, would start off higher and climb from there. I love the RX1 and may be tempted by the A7 at some point when and if there are more native lenses that I like. But there's nothing in the initial announcement or lens lineup that's tempting me...

-Ray

A7+35mm 2.8 has faster focus+phase detection sensors and will be cheaper compared to a new RX1+evf. Then you loose a stop w/ A7+35mm FE lens as Ray said, but you can use lots of other glass w/ it to complement as a system. However there is no 35mm f/2 Sonnar lens to add to A7. W/ Rx1, you can get a used/refurbished one and save some money also... A7+35mm 2.8 has also Sonnar design similar to RX1, samples:
Siammirrorless.com
index.php

index.php

index.php

I was thinking of like one of the new Zeiss Touits but still it would be cheaper by a couple hundred but you lose the pocketability of the RX1. Like you said Ray, I will probably wait a little bit to see if they can get a little bit better of a lens lineup.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit.

My favorite chair to shoot with the light coming in through the shades. Sort of elegant and beat up and trashy all at once - my late Mom's antique sensibilities combined with my own grungier leanings. I've shot it a lot, but saw the magazine tossed over there and had to do one more as a tribute to Lou...

10840255703_2a9aa689a8_b.jpg

Lou-3-Edit-2 by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Back