Sony Showcase RX1 Images

Experimenting with HDR with the RX1. Let me know what you guys think?

Well this one is not really natural, but I kind of looks like those real estate brochure.
View attachment 89500

Does this look natural or too much?
13863616633_34b351269f_b.jpg

Probably could of done a better job on the left side of the trees to show a bit more detail.
13887282693_51f7ccbb94_b.jpg

last one doesnt look hdr at all. imo, given the depth and immense latitude these files yield, PP does everything i find i need in pulling out shadow detail and/or restoring highlights.

I haven't had an RX1 for a couple of months, but I was going through and trashing some old unused files and found this one from last September, which I decided I liked enough to process. So here's one last RX1 shot from me, unless I eventually buy some future version again... I was reminded of how unbelievably well those files hold up under processing - remarkable...

14032934035_511d0bb591_b.jpg

Roanoke-94-Edit
by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

I don't think I've shared this on here before....forgive me if I have......but I haven't had any time for creating new ones :(
9583314108_f8223f0029_c.jpg
it's not a goldfish....it's a black and white fish ;) by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

This brings back some REALLY distant and weird memories. When I was a little kid, so this is on the order of 50-ish years ago (god, it hurts to type that!), there was a TV show with a bunch of animated or mechanical fish. They all swam around near the simulated ocean floor and, of course, they all talked and interacted, and conducted business. I guess it was the era - we had a talking horse (Mr. Ed) and talking chimp detectives (Lancelot Link) on TV in those days too. But this particular actual fish looks an awful lot like one of the ringleaders of those fake fish from yester-year. And this photograph brought that TV show rushing back into my conscious mind. Which is frightening, because it wasn't a good enough show to have remembered beyond when either it ended or I outgrew it by about age 6 or 7 - I'm sure I haven't thought of it since. And the thought that it's been lurking somewhere in the recesses of my memory and was available for instant recall with the right prompt... Well, this is all a little frightening on so many levels!

But I love the photograph Luke. The rest you can't be held responsible for!

-Ray

well I likde the light and thought the shapes of the faux plant leaves and Goldies fins (may he or she Rest In Peace) were a good match. Glad I was able to jar something loose with it. It's funny that the older I get, the more often something from eons ago (well at least relative to your eons, Ray :cool:) seems to come loose. The storage capacity of the human brain is absolutely unfathomable. And if we can ever find a way to access it faster, easier, and more consistently.....then I think we hit upon a new Renaissance age.

well I likde the light and thought the shapes of the faux plant leaves and Goldies fins (may he or she Rest In Peace) were a good match. Glad I was able to jar something loose with it. It's funny that the older I get, the more often something from eons ago (well at least relative to your eons, Ray :cool:) seems to come loose. The storage capacity of the human brain is absolutely unfathomable. And if we can ever find a way to access it faster, easier, and more consistently.....then I think we hit upon a new Renaissance age.

Or if we could just clear out all of the useless crap we have floating around back there maybe we could do something USEFUL with these incredible computers that ride around on our necks. But if we don't even know it's there, it's tough to get rid of!

-Ray

95% of my thoughts consist of random crap! id be a GENIUS!
*eyes wide in presumed future unchained self awesomeness*

I am loving these RX1 images. The DR is exceptional, some of the best I have seen.
I always thought the Merrills were some of the best DR for the money but the RX1 forum here has me wanting a RX1 to try.
The only issue for me is justifying the cost.
Focal length aside I think the RX1 images noticeably better than GR.

Can I ask from posters, how are the out of camera jpgs. Are they of any use? or are all these post processed?

Cheers

I am totally satisfied with JPEGs from the RX1, but I also use JPEGS from Fuji cams and Oly as well. Sometimes I tweak them a bit, but I generally don't bother with RAW and the extra work unless the lighting is pretty extreme. YMMV

i process everything... having said that.. i shoot only jpg. lol.
i like the idea that ill be satisfied with jpg processing, but i never am.
my friends will attest to the fact that reality rarely suits me ;)

tho sometimes its just a bit of vignetting i add. i always think that makes the shallow focus creamery stand out a bit, mebbe a lil contrast boost, or something minor. im sure half of it i could tweak the way the files are brought into lr or aperture and then just add vignetting. i just LIKE tweaking files.

Back