Sony Showcase RX1 Images

Thank you, that's very kind..... they leave a lot to be desired but I like to think I at least captured a few moments :) This is the bride with her dad by the way, she's from Lithuania. It was her husband's second marriage, he's my age, 55 :) I think her dad looks younger than her groom!

Thank you, that's very kind..... they leave a lot to be desired but I like to think I at least captured a few moments :) This is the bride with her dad by the way, she's from Lithuania. It was her husband's second marriage, he's my age, 55 :) I think her dad looks younger than her groom!

Whenever we're in London we try to stop for Afternoon Tea at the Dorchester....not necessarily my idea, but the environs make it much more palatable. ;)

Twenties theme, mirrored ballroom:) No natural lighting whatsoever!

Has a Great Gatsby quality for sure!

BTW, I see many of you use flickr. I'm now setting up my Flickr account, and want a tutorial on how best to upload there, organize stuff, what type of file is best to use etc. And then how to post from there in here... Is there any tutorial around with this info, or should I google as I go and then do some "trial and error"? Thanks to anyone's info on this. (I also ask this because I see that in "manage attachments" here there is a limit of few MB, how to circumvent this as one posts more stuff?)

Ray- great timing on the first three! I particularly love the shadow of the skateboarder on no.2 and the counterpoint in expressions of the adults and little girl in no.3.

talk about the decisive moment! really nice series. my opinion is the rx1 is the best street camera ive ever used. not only is the IQ stellar, but its silent, the evf articulates making street shooting much more discreet, and i love the semi 'zoom' feature.

talk about the decisive moment! really nice series. my opinion is the rx1 is the best street camera ive ever used. not only is the IQ stellar, but its silent, the evf articulates making street shooting much more discreet, and i love the semi 'zoom' feature.

Thanks Tony. I still prefer the Nikon A as a pure street camera, but I love the RX1 as an all-around camera. These shots were all situations where I just used the evf and was clearly photographing the situation and felt no need to be at all discrete. I did a lot of more discrete street shots with both the RX1 and the Nikon A yesterday and for the most part got more good results with the Nikon. But I rarely if ever use a viewfinder for that kind of street shooting, If I did, I could see the preference for the RX1 there. Although if I want to look down discretely to frame a street shot, I'd rather use a flip up screen like on the A7 or XT1 or EM1 instead of a finder. I tend not to use any sort of framing aid for that type of shooting though - I seem to have pretty well developed instincts from framing blindly as long as I'm using something in the 21-35 range, with the wider angles being that much more forgiving if you're willing to do a bit of cropping...

To me, the RX1 is just a joy to shoot with. I'm not sure I can fully explain why. But it's got a just about perfect control layout for me - I love having an aperture ring and a dedicated exposure comp dial but I usually have both shutter speed and ISO set automatically so dedicated dials for those controls are just decoration for me. So the RX1 has all of the right controls in the right places for me and the FEEL of the camera is just that much better than anything I've ever shot with. There's a solidity to the camera and a perfect balance between movable and firm to all of the ocntrols that's just perfect. I love the Fuji stuff and I think it's really good gear, but the RX1 makes it somehow feel like cheap junk. I'm not saying that it IS cheap junk or even close to it - it's great gear - it's just how good the RX1 feels by comparison. And then of course the files are simply sublime to work with. If I could make one or two firmware changes, I would, but I'm fine with it as is.

Pretty tough combination to beat all in all. Logically having two Fuji bodies and a few lenses was a better setup for me. But it's not about logic, is it....

-Ray

. But it's not about logic, is it....

-Ray

Definitely not. Logic made me travel with the a7r plus 24-70mm and 10-18mm zooms and the f1.8 55mm prime to Vietnam. Spec and file quality wise the a7r is a monster. But I simply do not seem to connect with it and think for my style of shooting (travel/reportage/street) it`s the wrong tool. I used the GR most of the time and enjoyed it. The RX1 is one of the cameras I connected with and sellers remorse might make me buy another one. Or maybe someone wants to trade a RX1r for my a7r: redface:

One with PP...

DSC00679_v1 pn2 Silver_edited-1.jpg

DSC00679_v1 pn2 Silver_edited-1

Great cloister of the "Certosa di Pavia".

Back