Sony Showcase RX1 Images

f-27.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yet another small street fair in our town. I can't keep track of them anymore - Sunday was "Super Sunday" which is once per summer. Last night was "Swingin' Summer Thursday" which I think they do one of each month. There's a bike race, a restaurant, a Chili Cook Off, a music fest, and a few other things over the course of the summer. It's always the same vendors and mostly the same performers (jugglers and clowns and such) and some mix of people from around the area. But last night they had a zip-line and a small band of Mummers showed up. I don't get Mummers in the Summer - it's supposed to be a New Years Day thing, and with thousands of them walking around drunk out of their minds in Philly. But we had half a dozen of them horribly over-dressed on a warm summer evening. So here are a few RX1 shots...

View attachment 93121Swingin' Summer Thursday-71-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

View attachment 93122Swingin' Summer Thursday-33-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

When you hit the end of the line:
View attachment 93123Swingin' Summer Thursday-42-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

View attachment 93124Swingin' Summer Thursday-80-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Hi RX1ers
I am far from even an amateur photographer, but I have just got an RX1 and absolutely love it. I know people say an expensive camera can't make you a photographer but I find I'm learning, for the first time, much more about taking photos than on anything I've owned before. I think the malleable raw files really help someone as technically challenged as me for saving photos!
Anyway, thought I'd add a few photos I took last weekend on a hike with my girlfriend. They're nothing like the photos from you pros but I think show that even a complete photographic clown like me can still get some decent snaps out of this camera even though it is aimed at much more experienced photographers!
View attachment 93214DSC01287 by toadsurfer1, on Flickr
View attachment 93215DSC01305 by toadsurfer1, on Flickr
View attachment 93216DSC01420 by toadsurfer1, on Flickr
View attachment 93217DSC01026_2 by toadsurfer1, on Flickr

Stunning scenery, where were you? I love my RX1 too but the camera I learnt the most from was a Nikon D40.

Mt Cook and the West coast, South Island, New Zealand.
I think it's the size of the camera that means I'm learning from it as I take it out with me so much more than my huge old Pentax that I just ended up hardly ever using.

I think the malleable raw files really help someone as technically challenged as me for saving photos!
You don't appear to be technically challenged at all - these are lovely. But, yes, the raw files are one of the overwhelming charms of the RX1 - it's simply ridiculous how much highly useable information lives in those files...

And most of here aren't pros at all - just figuring it out together...

-Ray

You don't appear to be technically challenged at all - these are lovely. But, yes, the raw files are one of the overwhelming charms of the RX1 - it's simply ridiculous how much highly useable information lives in those files...

And most of here aren't pros at all - just figuring it out together...

-Ray

Ray you're just being modest about yourself! But yea the majority here aren't pros, but it's such a great community. And those are some great shots, I especially liked number 2 and 4. In 4 I like how the sides of the walkway going down, curving up and that big rock(island? not sure what you'd call it) is in the middle of the curving walkway.

Back