Sony Showcase RX1 Images

m-306.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Loving this camera! May have to sell everything south of the 45mm in my m43 system and just keep this and the Ricoh GR for the wide perspective. Thoughts?

24281490753_7a35797a81_h.jpg
DSC00226
by Gary Yee, on Flickr
Yeah, that has been my thought process too although personally I'd keep the fisheye 7.5mm for m43, it's wonderful. There are arguments against me doing what you suggest, such as 35mm not being my favourite focal length (having said that it didt take long to get over that with the Olympus 75mm f1.8) and the fact that I already have the same equivalent focal length like the Olympus 17mm f1.8. Of course I'd expect the Zeiss lens in the RX1 to be in a different stratosphere to that, but the Olympus' qualities are better than my skills which leaves me wondering do I deserve the RX1? Am I capable of getting the best out of that $5k (AUD) worth of gear? For me it's an item of pure lust.

having said that it didt take long to get over that with the Olympus 75mm f1.8

That lens is a gem! It and the 45 on the EM5 is all I need on the long end. I have the 9-18, would like to try the 7.5 at some point.

Interestingly enough as I researched the RX1 both on this and the FM site, all the amazing images posted actually gave me a good feel for a focal length I've really never spent time with.

the Sony RX1R MII.

I was able to shoot a few shots. The pop up view finder is small but a sweet addition. The tilt LCD screen is BANGIN! I have longed for this. The dynamic range is better and so far in the few shots I have done and post processed, the richness is there with more resolution, the pop is there and the magic is there. I have read with the new sensor you have to process different and or shoot different, so far, for me atleast, not a thing has changed.

Sony RX1R MII, 35mm f/2, ISO100, 1/2000sec.
m-359.jpg

the Sony RX1R MII.

I was able to shoot a few shots. The pop up view finder is small but a sweet addition. The tilt LCD screen is BANGIN! I have longed for this. The dynamic range is better and so far in the few shots I have done and post processed, the richness is there with more resolution, the pop is there and the magic is there. I have read with the new sensor you have to process different and or shoot different, so far, for me atleast, not a thing has changed.

Sony RX1R MII, 35mm f/2, ISO100, 1/2000sec.
m-359.jpg
Thanks. Please keep 'em coming.

in this shot of my GTO, I see that old RX1 magic. the GTO has that pop I expect from the Zeiss Sonnar. Rich deep color. This shot is sharper then the original Rx1. Very sharp considering it was shot wide open at f/2.

I have said for years the Rx1 has a special look to its file, I see that in this simple image that I spent maybe 3 minutes on in post processing. My GTO was dirty and dusty, and her paint is 10 years old, yet the RX1R II makes it look like it is fresh and dripping wet.

RX1R MII f/2, ISO80, 1/2000sec.
m-361.jpg

Here is a image I want to share, now it isn't that great of a image, rather I was trying to see how low of a shutter speed I could hand hold with and get a useable file in terms of focus and sharpness.

I have read in various forums that the high megapixel cameras will show camera shake more, can't be handheld, need a tripod, ect.

MANY were bitching that the RX1R II needed IBIS. It would have been nice but a 35mm focal length doesn't really need it, and Sony wants to keep this thing small. Now don't get me wrong, I would love and welcome IBIS even if the body was bigger, but the fact that it doesn't should not be a show stopper to anyone.

Now I shot this shot at 1/13 sec. That is not easy even for cameras with IBIS. I did obviously make sure I was being steady as possible. I wasn't leaning on anything, just standing straight up and being steady.

RX1R II, 35mm Zeiss f/8, ISO1250, 1/13 sec.
m-357.jpg

Back