Sony Showcase RX1 Images

Hello christilou, Love your work I've been following it here, the A7, and Fuji, (Ricoh?) forums. I've a question: I noticed that you put up your Fuji XP2 gear for sale, just wanted to know your thoughts on that system with the 23 1.4 compared to the RX1. While the RX1 is a joy to travel with, I do wished that I could have a pocketable, fifty equivalent and/or the option of a 85 equivalent from time to time. I mostly shoot at full manual and miss the viewfinder of my Oly system on this trip for shooting experience. I'm also considering the A7II, but the size and cost of that system to the fuji equivalent is a push for me. Is the Fuji system anywhere close to the output of the Sony?

Hello Gary,

I have very mixed feelings about the X Pro 2. I've had the X Pro 1 and XE-1 and enjoyed them both at the time. Definitely the X Pro 2 image quality has improved since then. However, I think for me the IQ isn't on a par with the Sony A7RII and the Leica that I already own and I'm finding that it's still not a camera that I reach for despite it being lighter and much more user friendly. I never had the 23mm, only the 35/2 and 56/1.2, both stellar lenses. I suspect that if the X pro 2 was my only camera I'd spend more time learning it and getting the best out of it.... as it is, I've seen some fantastic images from it but I think for me, the learning curve is a step too far and I'm better off sticking to the ones I already have :) In regard to the RX1, the X Pro 2/35mm 2 combo is better for fast focus but IQ wise I think the RX1 with it's Zeiss lens cannot be beaten.

Today i get my new RX1
Kira.jpg
Vogelhaus.jpg
Teich.jpg

Hello Gary,

I have very mixed feelings about the X Pro 2. I've had the X Pro 1 and XE-1 and enjoyed them both at the time. Definitely the X Pro 2 image quality has improved since then. However, I think for me the IQ isn't on a par with the Sony A7RII and the Leica that I already own and I'm finding that it's still not a camera that I reach for despite it being lighter and much more user friendly. I never had the 23mm, only the 35/2 and 56/1.2, both stellar lenses. I suspect that if the X pro 2 was my only camera I'd spend more time learning it and getting the best out of it.... as it is, I've seen some fantastic images from it but I think for me, the learning curve is a step too far and I'm better off sticking to the ones I already have :) In regard to the RX1, the X Pro 2/35mm 2 combo is better for fast focus but IQ wise I think the RX1 with it's Zeiss lens cannot be beaten.

Thank you for your insights, I'll hang onto the RX1, it does provide fantastic images for its size and give the xt-2 a try when it becomes available, as a replacement for my EM5 kit.

Back