Sony Showcase RX1 Images

I think the thread I started about this camera has run it's course, so a few more from the North Carolina shore here:

View attachment 122633Ft Fisher beach-27-Edit by Ray, on Flickr

View attachment 122634Ft Fisher beach-7-Edit by Ray, on Flickr

View attachment 122635Ft Fisher beach-1-Edit by Ray, on Flickr
Is the RX1R2 almost too sharp?
I am wondering if the Rx1 is all the magic but missing the Auto ISO SS that I want so bad, and the faster AF. These photos are wonderful though.

Another day in Paradise.... not!

DSC03121-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RX1

Was this the mark 2 or original, it looks like original to me.
Beautiful

Original RX1.... :) When I got the A7RII I found it's rendering entirely different, needing a bit more processing to get the photos the way I like them and I wasn't sure that I liked it better than the original RX1 or A7R but I got used to it.
Better or worse, maybe just a little different.

Original RX1.... :) When I got the A7RII I found it's rendering entirely different, needing a bit more processing to get the photos the way I like them and I wasn't sure that I liked it better than the original RX1 or A7R but I got used to it.
Better or worse, maybe just a little different.
I had the A7r2 and I thought it was extremely different from the Rx1
I thought the Rx1 was far superior.
I sold mine to buy a Rx1r2 but now that I look at the mark 2 files.
they don't look as good.
yes they look much sharper but I am not sure that is a good thing.
I am not sure if its the level of detail I find distracting or if the rendering is different.

But I wish they had kept the same sensor and fixed everything else.
sad face.

Last edited:
Spent the weekend in West Virginia celebrating my brother's 70th birthday. We all (my brother, his wife and daughter, my sister and her husband, and my wife and I) all stayed in a cabin my brother and I built together during the summer of 1975. It was a wonderful weekend. I took loads of family photos and just a few scenic shots as the sun was going down one evening.

33462282903_7dc8556880_h.jpg
West Virginia 3
by Ray, on Flickr

34231607216_be85d825e7_h.jpg
West Virginia 2
by Ray, on Flickr

34231599896_f6c2d67151_h.jpg
West Virginia 1
by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

Just out of interest, I have two pictures of the same view. One with the A7RII FE55 1.8 and the other with the RX1. Both using the same post processing.

View attachment 125066

View attachment 125067

Thought it might be interesting to see them side by side.

Very interesting, thank you.
The Rx1 looks very nice to my eyes.
But I can see a value of maybe going to a A7rii since my newly purchased Rx1 just died! ;((

All electronics are subject to breakages of course, but it would be interesting if you could let us know if you find out, why that occured.

The E:61:00 error indicates that the focusing mechanism of the RX1 is no longer working.
There was no earthly event that transpired before it's most dreaded arrival.
There are indication on the internet when the ERROR # is investigated that it does occur on a too regular level.
Though I had never heard of it previous to my event.

Sony repairs has told me that it may cost $300 to repair depending on the model?
Though I obviously told them the model.

So it's off to the repair shop since buying another isn't really an option considering this is my first ever used camera.
I have NO desire to experience the USED camera phenomena ever again.

Buying a Rx1r2 isn't really an option since rumors have it that a newer model is imminent.
Plus the rendering of the R2 (Not a Star War reference) is not really what I want.
I would probably go for a A7r2 and a Voigtlander or Leica lens in an attempt to replicate the RX1's POP
which would also give me better AF and video abilities which I could also use.

If anyone knows of a great body and lens combo that would come close or even surpass the Rx1 look

Feel free to mention it, since I will be researching the possibilities.
or get a loan and buy a new Leica M10?
Or perhaps sell the soul of a friend since my soul is being used right now.

TIA

Last edited:
Just out of interest, I have two pictures of the same view. One with the A7RII FE55 1.8 and the other with the RX1. Both using the same post processing.

View attachment 125066

View attachment 125067

Thought it might be interesting to see them side by side.

The RX1 does look like it has superior micro contrast.
Do you have an opinion of the differences tween the two cameras rendering etc?

And thank you for posting this images, its very useful in my search.

Have you ever tried the A7r2 with a Leica lens or a Viogtlander?
TIA

Back