Sony Showcase RX1 Images

Spent the weekend in West Virginia celebrating my brother's 70th birthday. We all (my brother, his wife and daughter, my sister and her husband, and my wife and I) all stayed in a cabin my brother and I built together during the summer of 1975. It was a wonderful weekend. I took loads of family photos and just a few scenic shots as the sun was going down one evening.

View attachment 125056West Virginia 3 by Ray, on Flickr

View attachment 125057West Virginia 2 by Ray, on Flickr

View attachment 125058West Virginia 1 by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

Sooo SHARP, it cut my eyes.
The colors are wonderful.

I asume these photos are with the AA filter turned off?
and do you have any examples of photos with the AA filter turned ON?
Thanks

Temptation !

DSC03268-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I haven't been around here for some time. It's not that I stopped taking pictures, but most of what I've done is family snapshot kinds of things. There are some decent shots but nothing I felt compelled to share except to my small circles of Facebook friends. (Yes, I gave in and joined, mostly to stay in touch with with friends and adopted family in Laos)

Well the other day I sold my beloved Leica X1 and used the proceeds to offset the cost of a Sony RX-1 - the original version. The fact that the X1's performance did not bother me for the kinds of shooting I do with a camera of this sort suggested that the ostensible poor auto focus on the RX-1 would not bother me.

I know I'll miss the Leica, which I found just a lot of fun to shoot with. Unlike some, I love the basic operation. But the RX-1 will be my first foray into full frame land, and with a aperture ring around the lens and a real exposure compensation dial, I expect I'll love shooting it. Sony menus have never thrilled me, but I come from Olympus cameras (still have the Pen-F and the original OM-D), so it will just be a matter of getting used to the Sony way of doing thing.

Anyway, I expect by some time next week, after the camera arrives (due this Friday) I'll be able to post a few pictures.

One of my first shots from the RX-1. I'm still fooling around and learning about the camera. Though I have the EVF coming, I used it today with the Leica optical finder for the X1 one. It works like a charm and may well be how I work. I loved using it on the Leica. No information!!! That's all right. Most of the cameras I grew up with had an exposure needle to center and nothing else in the viewfinder. Basic, uncluttered, and for me at least, a perfectly reasonable way of shooting. I have a lot to learn about the RX-1, but my initial reactions are positive. I like the files and, perhaps even more importantly, I think I will enjoy shooting with it.
DSC02935.jpg
P8250053.jpg

DSC02971.1.jpg
DSC02980.jpg
DSC03055.jpg
DSC03057.jpg

Just playing with the RX-1, which I like a lot. I do not regret letting go of the X1 to finance the purchase, though I retain fond feelings for the Leica. The lens seems very Zeiss like to me, something I was hoping for but not certain would be true. And I find I use the Sony EVF all the time and quite like it

Nothing special here, just thrift store pictures and a couple of things I usually shoot when testing a lens because I like the shadows and geometry.

Back