Sony RX100 Broken, please help?!

Have you tried removing the battery and leave out overnight, then replace it. Another possibility the battery has ran out while the lens barrel was extended. Perhaps leaving it on charge for a hour or two to see if thats the problem.

Have you tried removing the battery and leave out overnight, then replace it. Another possibility the battery has ran out while the lens barrel was extended. Perhaps leaving it on charge for a hour or two to see if thats the problem.

I tried leaving it out overnight like you said but didn't work :( tried charging and everything and still dead I'm hoping its a small problem like the battery and doesn't cost a lot to fix !

I came across this page >>> http://www.justanswer.com/video-camera-repair/7khhr-lens-sony-dsc-rx100-will-not-open-taking.html regarding a stuck lens on the RX100, not sure if I would be brave enough to force the lens barrel as described but maybe your braver than me.

Tried forcing but didn't work :/ but thank you a lot for posting as from reading that reply he spoke of a sony's free one year warranty ! I'm hoping my camera has this as it is only 8 months old ! I'm going to contact Sony now. Thanks again

I had a similar experience with a Ricoh P&S camera and they needed to change the whole lens mechanism, luckily under warranty. Hopefully they will fix it or replace it.

My only experience with Sony was with my e-mount 50mm lens which started to make a noise during stabilization and they sent me a refurbished lens with 3 months warranty. The lens was similarly 8-9 months old.

Back