Sony RX100 control ring question

rossw

Hi everyone

Have decided to buy an RX100 II as soon as they are released in Australia. I have downloaded the user manual for the RX100 (couldn't find one yet for the mark II version) to make sure I was comfortable with the control options, and it appears that the control ring can be configured to zoom the lens if required. My question is if the control ring is set to zoom, how is the aperture value changed when using aperture priority mode? According to the manual, when in aperture priority mode, by default the control ring changes aperture value. Was unable to find any answer to this in the manual.

Cheers
Ross

You can set up the control ring for anything. You can change the aperture with the dials on the back also. I think that is I initially set the dial to zoom also and found it maybe too slow. Then I changed back to aperture. You can play and see.

Thanks for the feedback. Just thought it may have been handy from time to time to use it for zooming but it sounds like its better left as the aperture ring. Just trying to tie up a few loose ends in my mind before making my final decision:)

Ross, another option is to set it ISO. In A mode you can then set your aperture with the read dial and effectively use the control ring to manage your shutter speed by adjusting the ISO.

Back