Sony Showcase Rx100 images

DSC09586.jpg

I’m having a test run with RX100 IV whether I could simplify my camera gear and get new twist for my photography. Too many times left camera home, so decided to test newer version of RX100, I have the original but not in my possession, loaned for my son ;)
Learning curve seems quite steep, though. So much packed to small package.

Sony RX100 IV
FEE45AB6-816D-4F2E-8EA3-9860B65A6612.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Still I'm not sure whether to keep this camera or not. When seeing pictures on the large screen, something missing.... This is to test ISO 6400, developed from RAW with minor tweaks with Sony Imaging Edge. What say you?

Sony RX-100 IV ISO 6400
parga 2018-07-22 22.38.04 SONY DSC-RX100M4 f2.8 1:40s ISO6400.JPG

DSC03156a.jpg

I finally sold my RX100 this week.
I'm toying with the version 6 although I never enjoyed handling the camera so my eye is wandering to the Canon G1X.
This image uses one of the built in special effects of the RX100 v1 and is currently covering part of a wall in a friends kitchen.
The original antique display is from an old fashioned Grocers Store in Nantwich Cheshire

Last edited:
That is always the question, what is good enough? And of course it is very subjective involving so many variables. I'll be interested in your outcome.

Well, I ended up to ‘madness’ with my hobby called photography :D
So many cameras, so little time.
I decided to get rid of Fuji gear, too good cameras and lenses to be stored in a cabinet to collect dust. I’m also parting from my Fuji X100S and this Sony RX-100 mk4, one of these will go to my son and the second will be sold.

I’ll keep the m43 system, Olympus Pen E-P5 and OM-D M-5 mk2 with numerous lenses. I’ll share the system with my wife so more use for whole system. And more room in the cabinet. Cameras in use as those should be, and only keeping couple of film cameras, as ‘collector’ items.

Well, I ended up to ‘madness’ with my hobby called photography :D
So many cameras, so little time.
I decided to get rid of Fuji gear, too good cameras and lenses to be stored in a cabinet to collect dust. I’m also parting from my Fuji X100S and this Sony RX-100 mk4, one of these will go to my son and the second will be sold.

I’ll keep the m43 system, Olympus Pen E-P5 and OM-D M-5 mk2 with numerous lenses. I’ll share the system with my wife so more use for whole system. And more room in the cabinet. Cameras in use as those should be, and only keeping couple of film cameras, as ‘collector’ items.
Thanks for the follow-up. I'm glad you found a system that works to meet your needs. Of course your needs may evolve;) or devolve and you can adapt as necessary! Enjoy.

Back