Sony Rx100m3

Yes, different strokes for different folks.. I'm a very Dogmatic guy.. LOL .. I just got so use to the touchscreens using the iPads, Androids and Oly OMD, Panny cameras etc.. pinch review enlarge, touch focus point etc.. plus I think using the touchscreen and shoot has less camera wiggle and camera shake... :)
Doug....

Yes, different strokes for different folks.. I'm a very Dogmatic guy.. LOL .. I just got so use to the touchscreens using the iPads, Androids and Oly OMD, Panny cameras etc.. pinch review enlarge, touch focus point etc.. plus I think using the touchscreen and shoot has less camera wiggle and camera shake... :)
Doug....

I assume you don't use the EVF.

I assume you don't use the EVF.
I tried it a couple of times.. I wear glasses (Tri-Focals) so need to adjust to it.. I just need to be more patient with the wonderful camera.. It is nice and compact and pumps out staggering images for a compact camera.. I will be more patient and get friendly with it.. It's a sweet camera. Liking it better the more I use it.. :)
Doug

I tried it a couple of times.. I wear glasses (Tri-Focals) so need to adjust to it.. I just need to be more patient with the wonderful camera.. It is nice and compact and pumps out staggering images for a compact camera.. I will be more patient and get friendly with it.. It's a sweet camera. Liking it better the more I use it.. :)
Doug

I was asking because have a new Stylus 1 and an EM5 that have touchscreens and EVFs. When I am using the EVF, the touchscreen is all but useless except for making adjustments not controlled by a button. Sometimes I do pick the AF point on the touchscreen but I'm framing with the LCD at that point. I find it difficult to coordinate the two.

For me the purpose of a touchscreen is to add another layer of control but the camera shouldn't be reliant upon it. AF point selection, shutter release, and menu navigation are where I find touchscreens to be invaluable. I don't think that I could buy another new camera that doesn't have one.

I actively avoid touchscreens like the plague - it's fascinating to see what matters to different people. Vive la difference!

Sent from another Galaxy

I love touch to focus and shutter. It makes shooting moving things do-able on cameras that don't have phase detection and/or good tracking.

I'm really looking forward to this camera now. 24 mm is something I was hoping for but didn't expect at all. I just hope they've improved the minimum focusing distance as you zoom in.

Back