Sony RX1R problem turning on

Stevebuk

Hi all,

I've recently purchased an RX1R, used, and have an intermittent issue when turning it on. Basically, when I switch it on, sometimes, nothing happens other than a flashing red light in the battery door. If I eject the battery and reinsert, it's fine for a while, but then it will fail again with that flashing red light. I've tried a different sd card, and reset the camera, but no joy. Has anyone seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Did you format both cards in the camera? The reason I ask is that the RX1 reads the memory on start up and if it's not formatted properly, it may be hanging at that point.

Last edited:
Hi Steve

I don't have that camera. You've probably thought of this already but I will ask anyway. Have you tried a different battery? Cleaned the battery compartment for dust. Checked the battery door is staying secure. I caught a door once with one of my old cameras and the camera only worked if I stuck tape on the door to secure it.

Karen

Thanks both. Yes, I formatted in the camera and tried other batteries. It is really odd. If I reinsert the battery, it works fine, I can turn on and off and it works great. But if I leave it off for over 30 minutes, it won't turn on again. So, if I reinsert, it is great again as long as not off for 30 mins. When it does go wrong, the access light flashes slowly and won't go off until you pull the battery. The good news is the seller has offered to send it back to Sony for repair, so hopefully it will come back all mended!

Steve

Back