DSCF0083.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF0057.jpg
    DSCF0057.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 100
Very nice. I like the first one the best. Also curious how it looks with clear blue sky.
Thanks for posting.
Peter

Thanks for this. I was in Saarlouis about ten years ago for a few months. Made it to Saarbrucken a couple times too. Brings back some memories.

I loved it. I was working a lot, but had some really good times off the clock. I remember there was a really good Greek Gyro place and lots of great German beer everywhere else. I just really like Germany alltogether. I have lots of pics I took with some cheapo 35mm film camera that I really need to get around to digitizing.

Man, if I would have had an X10 back then!

I lived and worked as a Photojournalist for the US Government in West Berlin only leaving in 1991 approx 2 yrs after documenting the "Fall of the Wall" and many other exciting events over 11yrs including numerous Presidential visits, spy exchanges and incidents relating to the Cold War.

Great city with super people (2 Berliners are Godparents to our daughter) and another who is a senior Police Commissar is our unofficial adopted other daughter.

The architecture in Germany is superb with many old and very interesting buildings.

Despite many of the larger towns being almost wholly destroyed in 1944-1945, there remain many, many beautiful cities, towns and villages to be seen. Thousands of years history; romanesque, gothic, baroque, rococo and neo-classical architecture; intimate village scenes; very varied cuisine, especially north vs. south; scenery from alpine majesty via vineyards and industrial monuments to the baltic and north sea: what can I say - it's worth visiting (and photographing!)

Back