Samsung Samsung Announces NX200 Compact System Camera

Amin

Hall of Famer
Samsung has introduced its second "rangefinder-styled" compact system camera, the NX200:

6102393911_94dbd23599_z.jpg

Key differences from the NX100:
  • New 20.3MP APS-C sensor
  • New styling reminiscent of Samsung's high end small sensor cameras
  • Magnesium alloy construction
  • 1080p video with full manual exposure control
  • Improved AF speed

There are several new Samsung lenses which should be available soon
  • 18 - 200mm f/3.5-6.3 OIS
  • 16mm f/2.4 pancake
  • 60mm f/3.8 macro OIS
  • 85mm f/1.4

Full coverage at 1001 Noisy Cameras

There are too many great cameras out there! If my pockets were deep enough, I'd have a tough time deciding which one to buy next.:daz:

Seriously, there are so many exciting things going on in the serious compact area. It's very impressive.

I think the main thing which will hold back Samsung sales is the size of the 18-55mm kit lens, currently the largest of all the mirrorless kit lenses and not a great performer either. On the positive side, Samsung has three nice pancake lenses, something Sony NEX cannot match.

Doesn't Samsung have a collapsable kit lens? Why not put that on this camera? I love the look of this camera. Some of their older more advanced compacts had this design, and for my larger hands were quite ergonomic. The only complaint I've ever had about Samsung is lens quality and their heavy handed NR in their jpegs.

There are too many great cameras out there! If my pockets were deep enough, I'd have a tough time deciding which one to buy next.

Seriously, there are so many exciting things going on in the serious compact area. It's very impressive.

BB,

Good god yes. My head is spinning.

Are Sony and Samsung trying to re-ignite the megapixel war?

If I remember correctly, Samsung also has a collapsible zoom lens that should be a nice match. This new camera looks like a bigger NEX.

Cameras.
1950-1980: Japan copying Made in Europe and Made in US. 1990-2010 Made in Japan rules. 2000-2020 Korea copying Made in Japan. 2020-20… China (?) copying Made in Korea. And so it goes.
Who nows, maybe Europe and the US one day will copy Made in ……..

Does anyone know the magnification of the integrated viewfinder and whether it's EVF or OVF? :tomato2:

Honestly this has now become the number one "must-have" for my dSLR replacement - more so a wider framed lined OVF - .86x, .77x .50x even . So in the big sensor offerings so far we have the up-and-coming NEX7 (being integrated but EVF only?) and.....? When they get this key piece of integration right in a ILC 4/3+ compact, even a 10MP, ....and doesn't cost a Leica....then I'll be all over it like white on snow.

Back