Samsung Samsung NX Flash?

enrigonz

I have an NX300, looking for a hot shoe flash unit that works with my camera that can turn the head up and sideways so I can bounce the flash light.... any ideas on 3rd party brands that work good or what Samsung has to offer? Are they coming out with more options?

There are two major weaknesses to the NX system, 3rd party lenses and a flash system.

You can use a manual flash and manual flash triggers. I can use my YN460ii or 560 (all manual flashes) fine. I can also use my YN triggers for off camera work. Of course, the 460ii is smaller than the 560 which helps since the NX300 is small. Nissin makes smaller flashes that work better on mirrorless bodies because of the size, but they are pretty expensive. The i40 would be my choice size and adjustment wise...if it weren't for that price tag :(

Samsung does make a flash but it is basically a rebranded flash from someone else most likely (maybe Pentax), and pretty large and expensive if I remember correctly.

The lens selection is not much of a bother to me, I think at the moment Samsung has what I need, only wish they had a longer variable zoom lens than the 50-200mm which I have and it performs very well in my opinion but a 300mm or longer would have been better. The flash selection however is very weak! I have a couple YN460II and YN triggers that work just fine but I'm looking for a good TTL solution that doesn't break the bank. I recently sold my Canon gear for a lighter mirrorless system and now I'm wishing I would have researched the NX system a little better. I think is a very capable system but Samsung needs to offer a wider selection of accessories and specially their flash selection and prices.

Back