Samsung Samsung NX image thread

Had the opportunity to test the Samsung NX1 (Review) and the Samsung 16-50mm f2-2.8 S lens (Review) for a month. I'll give you some sample images with some comments about it.

Handling big lenses like the Canon nFD 300mm f/4 L lens is quite good due to the big body and handgrip:
17058497182_6c32705226_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Deer I by Matt Everglade, on Flickr

High ISO capabilities have improved a little bit compared to the NX30. ISO 6400 is usable.
16894629710_9f6b658709_o.jpg

Olderdissen by Matt Everglade, on Flickr

The Samsung 16-50mm is quite large and heavy, but very convenient as you don't have to change the lenses very often. Good OIS and large aperture allows to shoot in dim light. Corner sharpness could be better for landscape photography though. Bokeh is wonderful:
17057592632_2442730bbe_o.jpg

Bokehlicious (Samsung 16-50mm F2-2.8 S) by Matt Everglade, on Flickr

Dynamic Range has improved a lot and is much better compared to the already quite good NX30. It is nearly as good as the Sony A7.
16835995270_414243023e_o.jpg

Sunset after the rain by Matt Everglade, on Flickr

Cheers,
Matt

NX300

FireHydrant20200317_2048_nx300.jpg

I always wanted to get a Samsung NX camera because I. Curious about the IQ and the UI and given the low prices of the lenses as well it looks like a nice backup system despite its age.

They were good cameras, shame they didn't get the commercial success they deserved. Samsung also didn't market them very agressively, which allowed the perception of Samsung "not being a camera company" to persist. Well, 15 years ago they weren't a smartphone company either, and look at them now...

They were good cameras, shame they didn't get the commercial success they deserved. Samsung also didn't market them very agressively, which allowed the perception of Samsung "not being a camera company" to persist. Well, 15 years ago they weren't a smartphone company either, and look at them now...
Yus, I was going to switch from Panasonic GX7 to Samsung but the rumours started and after waiting a little bit they gave up on the camera industry and went with Olympus instead.
Samsung was making a lot more progress then Fujifilm or Sony, the only 2 companies that were taking APSC seriously at that time. To bad they gave up because they had really awesome lenses, just not enough of them. I remember the prototype of a wildlife lens they were working on and I was so excited about it, they even had a pre production sample at one of the yearly photo gear shows, can't remember which.

Looking at the used market some of the lenses are incredibly cheap while the NX500 and NX1 are quite decently priced. The NX30 and NX300 go for the price of a OEM Lena cap from the big 3.

What surprised me the most and disappointed me is that they gave up on fabricating large sensor sizes because they were getting ahead of everyone with her 28 MP sensors and they could have at least become sensor manufacturer for so many companies who are tired of Sony's monopolistic stranglehold on the large sensor production.

Back