Samsung Samsung NX200 quick review

Hi,
I found this place accidentally, but I can share my experiences.
At the counter within three weeks I have over 1000 photos.
NX200 biggest flaw is the size of RAW files. I'm used to convert SRW to DNG, but unfortunately, it is not possible now, even with EXIF name change to NX5-100.
Thus, all SRW convert to TIFF and then processed in Lightroom.
Certainly there are a few minor things that should be corrected in the software. Unfortunately, in the latest FW 1.02 it is not already.

I mostly lacks a viewfinder at camera but I will not complain.
Compared to the previous line of NX, I see a big difference in plus. The camera is faster for me.
I used to use NX10 and I miss him a little :) We will see what they show with the NX20.
For photos I use SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC 8GB on it should fit 137 RAW images. Unfortunately, because of the cold battery discharge at 107 pictures. But few were made ​​with long exposure.

Picture nr 1000
6348605586_3c1251711f_z.jpg

Picture in picture by Daniel*1977, on Flickr

Here you can find more pictures taken with NX200:
Breaking the habit - a set on Flickr
Pictures in this folder are exported from SRW to JPG with Samsung RAW Converter, processed at Lightroom as JPG and exported with 80% quality.

7729940@N06.jpg

I read the review because I am considering my first compact for street photography. The 50 MB RAW size takes this camera out of the running. The long delay in processing a burst of RAW files likewise provides an independent reason for me not to bother with this model. I appreciate the review; it saved me a lot of time and possible grief.

Don, frankly speaking, this is of no consequence to most people. I, for instance, don't have a single photo shot at ISO 6400.

I take plenty of shots at 6400 and 12,800 because otherwise I don't get the shot . Here's a post for a forum review of the Pentax K-5 that shows a shot taken at 25,600 before sunrise -- where otherwise there is no shot.

Hello Daniel. Thanks for the first hand perspective. I hope you will stick around on SC and share you experience and your images with the camera. Bassett, I hope that some of the information on the forum will be of help to you in deciding which camera to go for. We have users of most kinds of compacts here so feel free to ask for advice or comment on different cameras and systems.

We also have a welcome forum where you can introduce yourself to the other forum members.

Hello Daniel. Thanks for the first hand perspective. I hope you will stick around on SC and share you experience and your images with the camera. Bassett, I hope that some of the information on the forum will be of help to you in deciding which camera to go for. We have users of most kinds of compacts here so feel free to ask for advice or comment on different cameras and systems.

We also have a welcome forum where you can introduce yourself to the other forum members.

It should be noted, and daniel fights this on dpr, that he's one of Samsung's people and posts on forums as a normal photographer when it should be indicated clearly that he is a pro that is sponsored by samsung and seeds forums with pro-Samsung posts. He didn't find this place accidentally, as you'll easily be able to find these posts on various forums.

Hi Daniel. Please don't feel you need to remove yourself:) You've made your relationship with Samsung clear in your post on the welcome forum. Besides, for all anyone knows I might be a Sony plant given how often I've defended their 'failure' to come up with more NEX lenses:)

Pavel, that's a major upgrade in my mind.
I've seen some stunning IQ from the 200.
It's a very interesting concept carried out very well.
I like it but , well.... time will tell.

I've noticed such things, but maybe it applies to my camera:

1. Card is 4GB - with empty card display show that I can do 68/69 pictures in fact at the card is located 92 photos.

2. After formatting the card in the camera shows the year 1980 - instead day on which it was formatted.

3. After formatting the card in the camera name is changed to "NO NAME" in the model NX10/NX100 there wasn't this the problem.

4. I noticed a problem with viewing images in the camera when the card is full. If you turn on the preview and using the rear wheel regularly Left or Right the problem does not occur, but when you use upper wheel and turn it Left - camera is only processing - don't show "gallery"

5. After removing the card from the camera and turning on file format is changing from from RAW to JPG. NX10/NX100 there wasn't this the problem.

6. Little problem with chromatic abberation.

Question for those who have this camera--do you typically shoot JPG or RAW or switch between the two? It seems like JPG would suffice for ISO 1600 and below, but above that, Samsung's awful processing would force a switch to RAW. For those who shoot JPG at lower ISO, do you see any downsides to doing so like narrower dynamic range or less white balance flexibility?

Question for those who have this camera--do you typically shoot JPG or RAW or switch between the two? It seems like JPG would suffice for ISO 1600 and below, but above that, Samsung's awful processing would force a switch to RAW. For those who shoot JPG at lower ISO, do you see any downsides to doing so like narrower dynamic range or less white balance flexibility?

Samsung has a very well implemented one-touch WB, so no concerns here. DR is very good, but the metering is a bit too hot. Just watch the histogram and you will be ok shooting JPEG.

NX200 with the tiny 30mm f2.0 pancake could make for a very fine streetshooter. With the 30mm a 300g powerbox in the size of a TL500 (point and shoot)! The sensor wipes the floor with mft, the prime lenses get good reviews, I just sold my EP3 and the NX200 is presently on discount in the US, USD 750 with the 18-55 zoom……………….:daz:

Hi, this is my first post so Hello and sorry for digging up an oldish thread.
I've recently been in the market for a take everywhere camera. I dived right in and bought a Fuji X100, it takes very nice photo's but after buying it I discovered the NX200's great reviews and its currently on offer at a good price.
I'm wondering if one of these coupled with the 30mm pancake will provide me with a more flexible piece of kit. Does anyone have any experience of the two as I can't find any comparisons online anywhere.
I don't like the idea of not having a viewfinder but I do like the idea of twice as many MP.

Back