Samsung samsung NX300

LizShi

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a samsung NX300. While most of the times, this would be used for taking pictures, I would also like to be able to record our office presentations using this. It seems that Mirrorless cameras seem to have major restrictions on the "Max. Video Size". I have been told this camera can only support a max 4GB Video file which is about 18mins in HD and 30 mins in normal quality. I wonder if there is any way around this as it seems even normal digital cameras dont have this restriction"

I was also wondering if there are any other cameras in this price range that offer a longer video recording time.

In the UK the max single continuous duration is 29m 59s as any more it then becomes a video camera and the tax id more so the camera will be a higher price. Larger cameras get away with it by creating a new folder after 29m 59s and carrying on with no loss of data. Simple and clever but I don't know why everyone does not do this!

Nx 300 is a great camera with built quality, great iq, high iso capabilities, good lenses focal length... But for me, if you really wanted the maximum output then go for video recording rather than camera

Back