Fuji Showcase Samyang 8mm Fisheye F2.8

I guessed right that your video would be full of two-wheeled vehicles, but shot FROM THE POV of a moving two-wheeled vehicle was a terrific bonus! Nice video, great idea and a really effective way to show off something this lens does well that isn't how you'd normally think of using it. Thank you!

I had a motorcycle mount that I used to use to shoot videos with now and then but it broke. It held my 5DII and 16-35 lens...my wife used to joke that the camera/lens/tripod head was worth more than my entire motorcycle :)

I've not replaced it yet but I keep thinking about it. I would like to try it with my EM5 and 7-14mm some day since the Olympus has such great IS.

The video above my wife was sitting behind me holding the camera in front, it worked out ok for a quick test!

Gary - I like it, and it seems like a great value for the cost. Build materials are done in metal and plastic, the focus ring is smooth and well dampened, f-stops have a good positive click and the distance scale seems right. Images turn out great though it does have a tad bit of barrel distortion (I slay me...)

In the US this is what, a 300 dollar lens? If it was a big name brand lens it would be 600-900 dollars. Also it is small enough and light enough to not be noticed in the camera bag but be there for when you want to go silly wide. Today's outing I took the EM5+7-14, XE1+35 and threw the fisheye in just in case. I ended up using it a bit for some shots that really nothing else would do.

Back