Leica San Francisco tomorrow morning

asiafish

All-Pro
Name
Andrew
I have court in San Francisco tomorrow morning, and will be out at 0'dark-thirty with my trusty M5, my Brian Sweeney Special 1941 Carl Zelss Jena 5cm f/2 Sonnar T (newly enhanced with a clean rear element) and a few rolls of Ilford HP5.

M5.png

The M5 was a unique. I hear that the M4-2 and M6 that I had were more alike than the M5.

M6 is just M4-2 with a meter. M5 is one of a kind.

Indeed. But I've always been a one-lens person, and I used the M4-2 with a 50 mm summi-something and the M6 with a 35 mm also Leica summi-lens. I got good takes with both, but in the end the 35 mm lens was more satisfactory for its perspectives.

I'm also usually a one lens shooter. M5 is almost always equipped with a 50 Sonnar. M-E or M Monochrom likes everything, but with the M5 I can count on one hand the times I've carried with anything other than a Sonnar.

Analog workshop last year I used the M5 with just the 35/2.5 Summarit, and used the 50 Summicron and 35 Summarit on a walk in Los Angeles.

Right now I have it with me and the new Jupiter 3+ is attached. You guessed it, a Sonnar.

Back