SanDisk 1TB microSDXC card at Amazon for $233 😲

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Normally $449, it's temporarily down to $233! 😲 Jeez, I'm getting old.... 1TB memory cards when I still remember paying close to 4 figures for a 5.25" full-height 5MB hard-drive. I'm sorta' tempted to pick one up just to add to the collection of redundant backup places.

SanDisk 1TB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-1T00-GN6MA

1598490357245.png

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
I remember loading 8KB programs into 16KB computers via cassette tape.

Looks like 2 x 512GB is cheaper still.
Back in the day I'd spend hours typing code into my C= 64 & VIC-20 from magazines and then hoping that the power didn't go out for the next few days. I was so happy when I got a C= 1530 tape drive; by the time I got a C= 1541 disk drive I was a pretty good touch typist. 🤣

Here at the house I have an old Synology SAN with 4 raided 2TB drives in it; with 1TB memory cards I can envision a SAN of the future where instead of drives it's just banks of memory cards (assuming something like that doesn't already exist).

Real Name
David
......Here at the house I have an old Synology SAN with 4 raided 2TB drives in it; with 1TB memory cards I can envision a SAN of the future where instead of drives it's just banks of memory cards (assuming something like that doesn't already exist).
I use to have 4x2tb drives in a Drobo, now I just have an 8tb drive in the machine with a hot swap bay I use for on site and off site backups.

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
My problem is I don't have anything worth saving or backing up
In my case my backup concerns are really the family photos & scanned images. Over the years as family members learned that I'm "into cameras & stuff" it seems that I have become the designated gate keeper of the family photos. It used to be worse, for years I was the extended family tech support because I "work with computers" but in recent years that has subsided as consumer tech has become more accepted & easier to use.

But, back to backups, my SAN is the primary storage for the family photos but I like to make a redundant copy of the collection every so often on an external portable USB drive so that I can have an offsite copy as well. At $233 that 1TB memory card is looking mighty attractive.

marlof

Trying to focus
Real Name
Marlof
I have one of these in my Sony Walkman. This kind of storage space made a device like that lustworthy. Having my collection of CDs in FLAC quality at my fingertips was something I’ve always craved for. For my old Walkman I built a case to bring six cassette tapes with me, offering 12 albums worth of music. Now it’s 1600 with room to spare.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom