Birds Saturday wanderings

Iansky

All-Pro
Grabbed a few hours today to take photos so started off at the viewpoint but drizzle and hazy so not good for distant landscapes so had to make do with some local scenes.

I headed home but decided on a quick visit to a local bird hide just in case, not a lot of action but as I sat there relaxing along came a woodpecker and decided to have a feed so I was lucky enough to capture a few images.

I have to say the stabilization on the 50-140 is superb and an absolute dream when coupled with the XT2 - a magic combination that works no matter what it is presented with.

DSCF2407-FrameShop.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSCF2411-FrameShop.jpg
DSCF2427-FrameShop.jpg
DSCF2431-FrameShop.jpg
DSCF2433-FrameShop.jpg

Wow that woodpecker is a beauty! I know we have them in our area but I seldom see them. I think they are a nice treat when you are able to snag a few pictures :)

Thanks Britanica, it was a surprise but great to see and it was not there for long so had to work fast. I am very happy with the IS on this lens as it allowed me to shoot at a slower shutter speed.

Thanks Mike - lucky capture and a case of right place, right time. I am not a bird photographer but thought it worth a quick visit "just in case" and I was lucky.

My problem is that although I have the 50/140, I'm finding that I don't like the weight of it, so I'm looking forward to the 200mm that has appeared on the lens roadmap. Just a lot of thumb twiddling while waiting, hey ho.

When I had a Nikon system my fave lens was the 300mm f4 PF, sadly it had to go in PX. :(

Mike, There is always the 55-200 (I still own mine) it is a superb lens and a lot smaller and lighter than the 50-140 ( Having said that, they are the same length when the 55-200 is extended to 200mm - it delivers fantastic photos.

Back