Saturday

Gary

All-Pro
Name
Gary Ayala
Saturday started, as all recent Saturdays, with an early morning ride south to Rancho Santa Margarita, (arguably, the city with the longest name in the US), for my grandson's soccer game.

X100s for all images.

DSCF4235-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Claire, the granddaughter, all decked-out in soccer garb ready to root for her brother.

DSCF4238-XL.jpg

Luke, the grandson, wolfing down some energy prior to kick-off.

DSCF4245.jpg

We continued south to San Juan Capistrano for some breakfast. We started with a pomegranate mimosa and a pomegranate-orange mimosa. They were quite refreshing.

DSCF4240-X2.jpg

We walked along the old historic/touristry area of Capistrano, Los Rios, still recovering from Halloween.

DSCF4251.jpg

Los Rios

DSCF4254-X2.jpg

Los Rios

Then, for the heck-of-it, Mary Lou suggested that we continue south to an antique mall/area in Solana Beach, just north of San Diego.

DSCF4265.jpg

Solana Beach

DSCF4269.jpg

Cedro Street was full of those consignment antique warehouses and some bonafide (expensive) shops filled with antique and newly crafted wares.

DSCF4281.jpg

Then we stumbles across Steve Adams' shop.

DSCF4272-X2.jpg

Steve Adams travels through South-East Asia and collects hand crafted folk art.

DSCF4287.jpg

His shop is huge and if one didn't see the price tags, one felt as if they were in a museum.

DSCF4299-X2.jpg

And then there is the basement. Where all these handcrafted artifacts all piled up, a 3-D catalog of cultures and ages.

DSCF4319-X2.jpg

Piles and crates of wonderful stuff.

DSCF4320.jpg

Unlike a museum, you could touch and purchase the art.

Gary

Wow, wonderfully diverse and beautiful sequence and congrats again on the grandchild! Color and texture rendition are amazing, Gary. Love what you do with that above and beyond the fine composition and what not.

I love the way you "reward" us with another keeper when we comment -- although, I feel a little like the trained dog who just received a treat, lol.

Great series indeed. Vibrant colours and interesting subjects. My favourite is the No Photography door. I wonder what's the story behind that!

Great series indeed. Vibrant colours and interesting subjects. My favourite is the No Photography door. I wonder what's the story behind that!

Thanks Peter. This area is frequented by pros using the rustic/historic area as backgrounds for family portraits, engagements, et cetera. I suspect that photogs probably setup their shot in the driveway, (reflectors, families, et al), blocking deliveries to the restaurant.

Gary

DSCF4301.jpg

Back