Leica Showcase Schneider Kreuznach 105mm 4.5 Xenar on Olympus E-P2

Raid

All-Pro
Dec 15, 2011
I used today a 6x9 lens on the E-P2. It is the Schneider Kreuznach 105mm 4.5 Xenar. I bought this lens many years ago adapted to Pentacon P mount. I added a Pentacon P to Canon FD adapter, followed by Canon FD to LTM adapter, and I wrapped things up with a LTM - M 4/3 adapter. It has no focusing capabilities, and I have to walk back and forth into and out of focus in the range 5-6 feet at aperture 4.5. I also used aperture 32 to get low contrast images that were OK sharp for distant objects. The lens works best wide open for portraits;. It is a lot of fun to play with such lenses to get some different results once in a while. I took my two daughters for a drive to downtown Pensacola where we first had lunch, followed by walking around for a while. Then we picked up my wife from our home and we drove to the beach to enjoy the colorful sunset.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Raid

All-Pro
Dec 15, 2011
This was at the Farmer's Market and on Palafox Street downtown today.

At home:

At the beach:

Raid

All-Pro
Dec 15, 2011
This lens has some flaws. It is very difficult to use it during a sunset. I cannot even estimate where the focus is. Using it at F 32 lowers the optical performance.

Raid

All-Pro
Dec 15, 2011
I had fun with it all. The lens is OK for portraits but maybe this is where I should leave things. It does well in sunshine.

A Harley was parked on the street, so I took some shots. Its owner was a guy my age (but he had tattoos). He told me that he bought the bike for $16000, and that he has driven it "everywhere". He called it "my girlfriend".

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
The pictures look good: can you post some pictures of the lens? Would like to see what the head looks like.

I like the 85~105 range on the RF, makes up for the 3ft min focus on most lenses. Just bought a Minolta 85/2.8 LTM.

Raid

All-Pro
Dec 15, 2011
What are you thinking about?

Whoever created this monster put together several rings, starting with a Pentacon P adapter and ending with the lens.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom