Fuji Screen protector for x-e2

les-star

Regular
Anyone know what size screen protector is needed? I used the 3" GGS one on my x-e1 but I think it is too small for the x-e2 even if it's the same size. Maybe 3.2" will work well?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot mobile app

I purchased this one for the X-E2:

ACMAXX 3.0" HARD LCD SCREEN ARMOR PROTECTOR - FujiFilm X-E2 Fuji XE2 XE-2 X-E-2 | eBay

At first I was a bit miffed. Somehow I expected it to adhere to the screen. What it does, is sit up on the edges and therefore, there is a tiny air gap between it and the screen.

It took me a few minutes to realize that, but after aligning it to the raised edges, I am OK with it.

A lot of people don't like screen protectors, but I scratched the screen on my X-Pro1 and now I am a believer.

Great thanks! I'm guessing that it will cover the printed icons on the left hand frame on the screen?

Richard what are the anti-reflective properties of the Acmaxx in sunlight like?

Bill, it's not bad……slightly more reflective than the LCD. I find in bright sun, I'll chimp the shot through the EVF.

Great thanks! I'm guessing that it will cover the printed icons on the left hand frame on the screen?

It doesn't cover the icons……just barely touches the right hand side of them.

I guess I would have preferred an exact fit on the LCD, but as I said…….I have had some bad mojo with screen scratches.

If possible are you able to post a picture of how it looks? The pictures on eBay shows a silver boarder similar to the ggs screen I had. I'm picturing the protector sitting directly over the screen. If this is the case does the boarder lessen some of the screen space? Thanks

when i was looking for one for mine, i saw that listing on eBay and asked the seller how it actually adheres. when he told me it was around the screen, i had to pass. i picked up the only one available from amazon (martin fields). delivers tomorrow.

(Sent from another Galaxy - Tapatalk.)

was going through some receipts and found one of my spare 'savvies' screen protectors for when i used to have a nex-7.

any6apaq.jpg

it was just wider than the x-e2 screen. i sliced it to size and it actually fits nicely with no gap. my martin fields protector should be in, today. i'll compare before deciding which to lay on.

bamegyse.jpg

zajuquru.jpg

^
protector came in. (i was surprised that my spare batteries delivered as well when i barely ordered them yesterday from amazon with free shipping.)

8y2evaba.jpg

^
sitting atop. it's perfectly cut out, even to the corners.

tupevava.jpg

^
took a hot shower and afterwards, installed it in the bathroom while it was steamy to avoid any dust specs to cling on.

zajuquru.jpg

^
protector came in. (i was surprised that my spare batteries delivered as well when i barely ordered them yesterday from amazon with free shipping.)

8y2evaba.jpg

^

tupevava.jpg

^
took a hot shower and afterwards, installed it in the bathroom while it was steamy to avoid any dust specs to cling on.

(Scribbled from my Note 3 - Tapatalk.)

Great! Thanks for the pictures. Will search amazon and buy! The one installed was the Martin fields? http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Fields...d=1386174527&sr=8-1&keywords=fuji+x-e2+screen

zajuquru.jpg

^

8y2evaba.jpg

^

tupevava.jpg

^

Thanks for posting all the pictures. I was thinking about picking one up because the fit was so good.

Now that its been a while how is the Martin Fields screen protector holding up?

For those that like Gorilla Glass or Schott Tempered Glass there are a couple of HK vendors and CA vendors selling 3" glass screen protectors 3:2 tor X-E2. Mine cost $7 with a thin adhesive edge and beveled tempered glass with curved edges and a thin silver outline (.5mm at most) It sits perfectly and does not obscure or cover the pictograms. It pays to make some pencil marks to help align it unless you like to live dangerously. The Adhesive looks like die-cut 3m double sided and cures fully in 24 hours. After 48 I decided to try and rest and found that a #15 modelling scalpel blade useful to raise the glass and adhesive. A better tool would be a single sided razor blade which is flat (or just make the pencil marks lightly on the body covering and don't live dangerously.

It serves my purpose which is to protect the screen from perspiration when using the EVF. It does collect finger seat but cleans with eye-glass cleaner It would be interesting to find one with a good anti glare coating but Iexpect it would cause color shift.

Thanks for posting all the pictures. I was thinking about picking one up because the fit was so good.

Now that its been a while how is the Martin Fields screen protector holding up?
just as it was the day i applied it.

if anyone is considering this for the xt1, I'd suggest applying it off to the right by a hair so the left edge of the protector won't catch and lift up. i also picked up a hard screen protector (acmaxx) for my second xt1 body. they both work, fine.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

Back