Sculptures

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Fremantle, Western Australia
Andrew
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

La Fontaine Médicis - PARIS-2018-55 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Medici Fountain (fr: La fontaine Médicis) is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

Rainbow – The Series #01 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Rainbow is a sculpture by Perth artist Marcus Canning which today dominates the northern entrance to Fremantle.

Rainbow which was commissioned by the City of Fremantle is nine-metre-high, 19 metres long and weighs in at a mere 66 tonnes.

Whenever I go past, which is most days, people are always there interacting with it. A truly masterful piece of art in the City.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

Rainbow – The Series #02 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Rainbow is a sculpture by Perth artist Marcus Canning which today dominates the northern entrance to Fremantle. Rainbow which was commissioned by the City of Fremantle is nine-metre-high, 19 metres long and weighs in at a mere 66 tonnes. Whenever I go past, which is most days, people are always there interacting with it. A truly masterful piece of art in the City of Fremantle in my view.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

Rainbow – The Series #03 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Rainbow in its full splendour as a sculpture. Rainbow is a sculpture by Perth artist Marcus Canning which today dominates the northern entrance to Fremantle.

Rainbow which was commissioned by the City of Fremantle is nine-metre-high, 19 metres long and weighs in at a mere 66 tonnes.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

One way to oxygenate the pond - Kemenuh Butterfly Park, Bali, Indonesia by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

I do like the defiant pose of this “man” as he oxygenates the fishpond at the Kemenuh Butterfly Park.

We spent a fair bit of time exploring the Kemenuh Butterfly Park in Bali, Indonesia. I can highly recommend it if you are in Bali and in the Ubud area.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

Man 1 Boy 1 - Kemenuh Butterfly Park, Bali, Indonesia by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Oxygenating the fishponds at the Kemenuh Butterfly Park is a full-time job it seems.

We spent a fair bit of time exploring the Kemenuh Butterfly Park in Bali, Indonesia. I can highly recommend it if you are in Bali and in the Ubud area.