Sculptures and Statues

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
These sculptures are made by Theo Keurentjes from Holland.
They are part of an art market that takes place from August 27 - 29 in my hometown.
I asked permission for shooting and posting, he agreed.
His website: Theo Keurentjes - 't Steenuiltje Beeldhouwerij te Westerbeek
Enjoy looking!

Any sculptures nearby where you live? Show them, thanks.

P1020808.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1020810.JPG

P1020811.JPG

P1020817.JPG

P1020819.JPG

P1020826.JPG

P1020827.JPG

P1020821.JPG

4907718823_37b0579f02_b.jpg

Leica X1 f/12 @ 1/60th ISO 800

Posted elsewhere but I thought I'd add it to this thread, too. It is not a grave, but rather a sculpture by Daniel Chester French...the sculptor who is, in part, known for The Lincoln Memorial. I came upon this little faun while walking around the grounds of Chesterwood - Mr. French's country house, now part of the National Trust here in the USA.

Roni, talk about timing and framing!?! Those pigeons really know how to take advantage of that setting don't they - and you caught it all perfectly with that one in flight - wonderfully seen!

Will, this is a very cool series - so interesting to see this piece from its infancy to its finished in place existence.

Art Center Waco

The Art Center of WAco is located in an old mansion. The Dancer is located on the roof of an old pavilion that is behind and below the house.

The Old Man is part of a piece that has been moved several times. There are three pieces and this is one of them. In the original there are two seated figures and a woman on a bed/lounge either dead or dying. This man was by the bed and the third figure was watching. I've got to find my negatives of it in the original form.......

Attachments

• Dancer.jpg
    Dancer.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 389
  • Old man.jpg
    Old man.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 360
WJW59, thank you for these two and please when you do find your negatives and can scan them, I'd love to see the sculptures in the original setting you've described. I'm surprised that they have separated the "old man". The dancers looks fantastic on that rooftop! And, WJW59 please stop by our Welcomes and Introductions forum, when you have a chance.:th_salute:

WJW59, thank you for these two and please when you do find your negatives and can scan them, I'd love to see the sculptures in the original setting you've described. I'm surprised that they have separated the "old man". The dancers looks fantastic on that rooftop! And, WJW59 please stop by our Welcomes and Introductions forum, when you have a chance.:th_salute:

Oops, I thought I had done the W&I.

Funny story on The Dancer. The current location is not the original for it either. However, it was moved from its' original location because the dancer is a nude male dancer and the former location was right outside the rooms where the elementary school art classes were held. Apparently, some parent(s) complained.

On the original for The old man, I can't lay my hands on the negatives right now but I did find a digital snap from 2004 (shot with my wife's 2MP Fuji 2650 and still her favorite camera). I've attached the picture below. Note that this was taken after the first vandalism incident and the base had not been completely repaired and the figures are slightly moved. The sculptor was an emergency room nurse.

DSCF0007.JPG

Thank you so much WJW - these three together as I believe you are saying the artist intended are extremely arresting. I would have thought she'd have been adamant about the three pieces remaining as a whole. If and when you find the original original, please add it - meanwhile this is a big help! Clearly this artist, the former emergency room nurse knew what she was doing and captured the pathos in a very real way.

Interesting about the male dancer needing to be moved. I'm guessing he prefers it up there.;)

MillesGården

I recently visited the Carl Milles Statue Park in Stockholm, Sweden. Apparently he was quite active in the Michigan area so you Americans may be familiar with some of his work. I took a few interesting pictures with the tree branches framing and following the lines of the Sculptures.

RicohGRDIII

Back