Sculptures and Statues

Oslo, Norway with the City Hall in the background

FUJZ0015-IreneMcC.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sculpture in Pall Mall of the then Queen and King visiting their subjects (I think in East London) after one of many World War II bombings. Interesting for me as I've always found people of a certain age from that area having an opinion on this general depiction. Obviously hard and anxiety riven times then.
B&W.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Color Skopar 28mm F3.5

Sculpture in Pall Mall of the then Queen and King visiting their subjects (I think in East London) after one of many World War II bombings. Interesting for me as I've always found people of a certain age from that area having an opinion on this general depiction. Obviously hard and anxiety riven times then.
View attachment 350167
Color Skopar 28mm F3.5
Ray, IIRC the Germans had dropped a bomb on Buckingham Palace, and the Queen said that she " ... could look the people of the East End straight in the face and say 'We understand what you have been going through, in some small measure.' "

This commonality from highest to lowest in the hierarchy is something Hitler never understood. Probably totally incapable of understanding.

Princess Elizabeth was working in the WLA and driving an ambulance (IIRC).

Ray, IIRC the Germans had dropped a bomb on Buckingham Palace, and the Queen said that she " ... could look the people of the East End straight in the face and say 'We understand what you have been going through, in some small measure.' "

This commonality from highest to lowest in the hierarchy is something Hitler never understood. Probably totally incapable of understanding.

Princess Elizabeth was working in the WLA and driving an ambulance (IIRC).
Well I certainly wasn't a twinkle in anyone's eye then, but it is fascinating listening to people from that period in London who were.

Last edited:
Back