Sculptures and Statues

Marco Olivier

WB_FUJA5416 Marco Olivier sculptures Strand Street.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These are of Ethelfleda, daughter of King Alfred and later known as Lady of the Mercians.
This sculpture is sited approximately where it is thought she set up the fort in Runcorn.

2305-34 EM10:3-14:42.jpg
2305-35 EM10:3-14:42.jpg
2305-36 EM10:3-14:42.jpg

You may notice that I have cleaned up her face in the third image, but it looks like there's yet another seagull homing in to deface her again. :rolleyes:

Yesterday game developer Blizzard officially released the highly anticipated fourth title of their Diablo franchise. Around the globe they have been ramping up their marketing to promote the new game, they even decorated a cathedral in France with themed murals. Here in Germany we got a three meter large shrine of Lilith replica placed outside a popular mall in downtown Berlin. Lilith is the game's cover face and antagonist.

52957490920_3c9e8d6d61_o.jpg
DSCF0114_DxO by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

The statue was only a shortlived promotion, as it has been on display for about 40 hours. The first few hundred visitors could get a discount coupon for the game at a nearby electronics retailer. There also was some sort of live performance.

52957252534_a7b3663fec_o.jpg
DSCF0104_DxO by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

I wasn't there for the live performance and only due to an unexpected change in my work schedule I've been able to visit that short lived attraction yesterday evening. The sculpture was lit by some weird red-pinkish LED lighting, for post-processing I actually used DXO's interpretation for the Eterna Bleach Bypass film simulation. In fact I think monochrome would fit it even better.
52956509807_cae17c16ee_o.jpg
DSCF0110_DxO by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

Back