SD card

I usually pick something from the tables at www.cameramemoryspeed.com with reasonable price-performance based on whatever seems closest to the camera body I'm buying for. The most recent I've got is a Lexar 1000x V60 64 GB, which is plenty as the bodies I have are at least a couple generations behind current. Have also used Sandisk, PNY, Samsung, and others at various times. For most things the manufacturer likely matters much less than taking steps to avoid getting a fake card.

Micro SDs in adapters should be fine for most ILC use. I've had problems with them in remote cameras, though, so would avoid them there unless it's a camera accepting micro SD directly rather than regular SD.

I use Lexar SD cards. Some are UHS-II cards for the EM-1 ii, regular UHS-1 for the others. Used to use Sandisk but I had so many of them fail and the slide lock on the side would just disappear making the card non-usable. I carry my cards in a hard-sided card carrier and don't abuse them. So far, Lexar is the winner for me.

I use Lexar SD cards. Some are UHS-II cards for the EM-1 ii, regular UHS-1 for the others. Used to use Sandisk but I had so many of them fail and the slide lock on the side would just disappear making the card non-usable. I carry my cards in a hard-sided card carrier and don't abuse them. So far, Lexar is the winner for me.

Once I also had the slide lock disappear on a Sandisk SD card and tried to get a replacement under warranty, but I think Sandisk suspected that I had a counterfiet as they asked me where I bought the card (I could 't remember whether it was from B&H or Amazon), then they asked for the number on the card, then they asked me to send them the card itself, so I gave up as it was not worth the effort. I now buy only from B&H, Adorama, or Best Buy.

Back