Feedback Search function

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
If I try to use the basic search function and click on “search” to enter a term to search for, nothing happens, literally nothing but the advanced search function seems to work perfectly!
Annoying Kevin, please fix it.

There are no steps because I never get that far, each time I click on the search box nothing happens. So I never get to enter a search term because I click and nothing happens nothing!
I’m using IOS 13 in safari browser! The same problem does not appear on Mac OS Mojave!
Same symptoms as Martin
The same problem also appears on mu-43

Last edited:
Safari on iOS 13.2.1 iPhone

Clicking on search opens pop-up but to start writing one needs to push longer on the search field, kind of select inside the field. Then the keyboard comes up and one can write and search normally

Safari on iOS 13.2.1 iPhone

Clicking on search opens pop-up but to start writing one needs to push longer on the search field, kind of select inside the field. Then the keyboard comes up and one can write and search normally
Matera, I tried that and yes I got the keyboard up , but only once I couldn’t get it again!

A long press isn’t working for me. The box flickers but I stll don’t see a keyboard. However, in Safari, as soon as I press the search button, the keyboard pops up! I guess Google need to catch up with the iOS changes.

Can the iOS/iPad crew check this to see if it's still happening?

The forum software has been updated to the current version and, according to the vendor, this should now be fixed. The explanation given was that a fix for older versions of iOS was actually causing problems with the most recent version of iOS so the resolution was to remove the fix. Users of old iOS devices might now have an issue while recent devices shouldn't.

Back