Sebring plans finalized

The Konica Minolta Cadillac. One of the winning team cars.
Minolta%20car-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BTW for anyone that cares I gave up on focus tracking at night and went back to single point. I put the point on the nose of the car and took 5 frames, leading and following through as if I were shooting Skeet. I'm sure with a different lens with OIS this would work better because my form was good I feel

Last edited:
Glad I took a couple days to think about re-tooling my kit. Sebring was great fun. I have tons of great shots but, I came away not enjoying the experience as much as I thought. My back hurt, my knees hurt and I had a hangover lol along with 100,000 more race fans. It's an exhausting event that requires a ton of cash.
Looking back on it the introvert in me loves my Saturday morning ventures to shoot whatever and I spend 10 bucks on breakfast. I'm keeping my kit lighter and enjoying it more. I'll see which way this takes me 23,56,90 I think with the 18-55 in there. Honestly I'm still up in the air on the 16 and the 90. There's one thing for sure, something in the 90 range is the ticket for Sebring if I go again.

23/56/90 is the historically traditional three prime kit. Equaling 35/85/135 in full frame terms. You might want to consider the 18mmf2 or 16mm 2.8. Instead of the 18-55. Maybe even the 16mm 1.4, although that will be heavier and more expensive. Unless you want the 18-55 for a one lens walkaround solution.

Yep. I already have the 16 1.4 and I'm trying to get to a three lens kit. My 23 is the f2 which has been pretty good but I'm itching to try the 23 1.4. You know "Greener Pastures" and all that. I also have the 35 f2 which leads me to go 23 f2, 35f2 56 and 90. I have adopted 35mm as my length so the 23 stays either f2 or 1.4 . I haven't got to know the 56 yet. Your first suggestion sounds the most solid to me really.

Regarding the 23 1.4: I had it, and wanted to love it badly, but never did. Had it for ~ 3 years, and shot it a ton. I've made good with the rokinon 12mm, 18-55, 27 pancake, 35 1.4, 56, 50-230, Minolta 55... just never got to a place where I "got" the value proposition of that big 23. Huge, heavy, and soft wide open. I have the travel f2 version now and vastly prefer it.

--my 2 cents.

I have the 12 Roki, the 23 f2 and the 35 f2 , 56 1.2 and 18-55 on the keep list. My cut list possibly includes a 16 1.4 and 90 f2 along with the 50-230. Except for Sebring I have taken 90% of my shots with the 18-55.

To say I loved Sebring is def an understatement. Got drunk there for the first time and watched so many epic races, and parked a huge U-Haul Rental in the middle of Main Street in my home town when I was 17 . After the cop woke me up he let me go because I dragged raced him numerous times.. Glory Days Lol. I loved my younger years Lucky I survived

To say I loved Sebring is def an understatement. Got drunk there for the first time and watched so many epic races, and parked a huge U-Haul Rental in the middle of Main Street in my home town when I was 17 . After the cop woke me up he let me go because I dragged raced him numerous times.. Glory Days Lol. I loved my younger years Lucky I survived
Sounds like a wonderful tradition

Back