Fuji Second dead x100s

paulkay

A couple of months ago a bought a new silver X100S from Amazon. Dead out of the box. I could hear the lens mechanism move, or try to move, on power-up, the nothing. Got replacement unit from Amazon without a problem. Bought the camera when I did fir a family trip to Hong Kong, our first to Asia. Four days into vacation, and I notice some purple stripes and other screen anomalies, and subsequent total freeze. Removal of battery and power up gets me the same lens movement sounds I got on the first dead camera, then nothing. Very disappointed. Will obviously deal with warranty replacement upon return home to the US, but my confidence in the camera's reliability is shot. Already spent a bunch on accessories, but may sell all after replacement. Not sure if I'm asking for anything here or just venting. I'm really disappointed bc I love the camera otherwise.

Thanks for listening!!

Paul, I'm so sorry to read about your two bad Fujis - and although I'm sorry this is what brought you on to FujiXspot, I am glad you took the time to come on and would like to extend a welcome to you, as well.

Let's see what some other members who've had their X00s cameras for a while have to add. Hopefully something helpful. pfogle, and by the way welcome to you as well, may be correct about a bad batch nevertheless it is more than disappointing especially when one's plans for using the camera were specific and special.

Thanks. At least I managed to coax the camera to life enough to find out that the SD card hadn't been corrupted by whatever's happened to the camera. So the first few days of shooting is saved.

I was looking today at alternatives, and don't see anything that entices me. I really love the look of the sensor and the low light capability of the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot

I've put a year of hard use on my x100 no issues.

Sorry to hear about your problems but you will find that happens to any brand.

That doesn't instill one with confidence. Luckily I've had no issues with the camera. The only issue with my X100s is that I've never had a working battery charger. I've had it replaced 3 times, and it's going back again as soon as I could be bothered. I've been using a cheap third party charger the whole time with no issues at all.

Back