Second Hand Camera Stores in Amsterdam and Surrounding Area

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
olli
This is a question for any Dutch readers. I'm going to be in Amsterdam for a week or so in early March and I'm trying to find out details of any reputable used camera dealers in the city or the nearby area. I'm particularly looking for film SLR's - mostly Nikon and Minolta. Any suggestions or links would be most appreciated.

Foto Professional. In the city center. Not sure about its reputation though. See reviews on the 'net.
Foto Nivo Schweitzer. High-profile store (Leica, Hasselblad, that sort of stuff). Not many second-hand film cameras, maybe Nikon, Minolta is unlikely.
Foto-Radio A.W.M. Janssen, Haarlemmerstraat 81, 1013EL Amsterdam. No website I could find. An abundance of lenses and cameras of the film era, last time I went there I spent more than an hour browsing in the shop. I'd start here if I were you. Closed on Tuesdays if I remember correctly, check first by phone +31206265583

Have fun!

Foto Professional. In the city center. Not sure about its reputation though. See reviews on the 'net.
Foto Nivo Schweitzer. High-profile store (Leica, Hasselblad, that sort of stuff). Not many second-hand film cameras, maybe Nikon, Minolta is unlikely.
Foto-Radio A.W.M. Janssen, Haarlemmerstraat 81, 1013EL Amsterdam. No website I could find. An abundance of lenses and cameras of the film era, last time I went there I spent more than an hour browsing in the shop. I'd start here if I were you. Closed on Tuesdays if I remember correctly, check first by phone +31206265583

Have fun!
Thanks. That last one sounds like a must.

Thanks for your suggestions. I did some browsing while it was raining in a couple of these. I also found a great place in Delft that had some wonderful stuff. In the end I managed to exercise some discipline and limited myself to a Minolta 135/2.8 MD lens I've been looking for for a while.

Back