Fuji Seeing real-time apeture, shutter speed, iso thru viewfinder and lcd screen

i've only experienced DR preview on the latest high-end samsung phones. it's a really nice feature, and would be great to have on an actual camera.

It's amazing how smartphones are stealing the show from "real" cameras. I actually had a talk about this at Photokina during my meeting with one of the senior product planners. Obviously, camera manufacturers have to think about what kind of camera will appeal to those who grew up with smartphones and have never used a "real" camera. As a proponent of ISOless photography (which smartphones heavily rely on), it will be interesting to see which camera maker first comes up with a serious product that isn't based on concepts like aperture, shutter speed or ISO. After all, the smartphone generation will only want one thing: total WYSIWYG and a few dials that influence the image, such as overall brightness, shadow DR, highlight DR, DOF or motion blur. It has to be totally intuitive and result-oriented.

It's amazing how smartphones are stealing the show from "real" cameras. I actually had a talk about this at Photokina during my meeting with one of the senior product planners. Obviously, camera manufacturers have to think about what kind camera will appeal to those who grew up with smartphones and have never used a "real" camera. As a proponent of ISOless photography (which smartphones heavily rely on), it will be interesting to see which camera maker first comes up with a serious product that isn't based on concepts like aperture, shutter speed or ISO. After all, the smartphone generation will only want one thing: total WYSIWYG and a few dials that influence the image, such as overall brightness, shadow DR, highlight DR, DOF or motion blur. It has to be totally intuitive and result-oriented.

That's a fascinating concept.

Back