Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

6806249512_c14a56f7a3_b.jpg

Clothesline. Two second exposure, ISO 160, f/1.4.

Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside with my cat & dog at around 3am... through a gap in the lattice fence in someone else's backyard visible from a public walkway right next to the fence.

I often walk past this house, the lattice fencing (visible in the photo) has had a gap in it for a couple of months now and I've been sporadically trying to take this photo with it's beautifully lit street lighting and shadows for a while with no success. It's extremely dark (misleadingly lit up in post-processing) and I've had trouble manually finding focus, until this night when they left some clothes on the line which gave me something substantial to focus on which I did.

Those clothes remained on the line for days actually, through rain and everything.

6801961250_3cf8563b0e_b.jpg

I came across this discarded chest of drawers at the side of the path near my home. I photographed it occasionally throughout the year, here are a few, with the last one showing it's final demise.

GF1RigidIndustardrawersview.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Discardeddrawers.jpg

X100drawersgone.jpg

Rather sad, although it is returning to the earth from whence it originally came. In that first photograph of yours, it almost seems alive...like a little being sitting there amidst the green.

Rather sad, although it is returning to the earth from whence it originally came. In that first photograph of yours, it almost seems alive...like a little being sitting there amidst the green.

At least it will return to the earth which is more than can be said for this which was in the lane 1/2 a mile further on. It now looks to me to be an omen foretelling Kodak's downfall.

GF120mmtransparencies.jpg

Back