Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

Came across these two beauties just down from my house as I was "scouting" for the Chiffchaffs that have been calling me

I was up-wind from them and I think that is why they did not see me until the last minute

Unfortunately camera not set up for this shot - so a little blurred - (i.e. slow shutter speed)

Mother and her young - ROE DEER (CHEVREUIL) - I think - but I am not an expert - but black face and white rump spot are the indicators - they are quite common in France - they are on the increase but are hunted (and eaten) extensively by the "locals" - (as well as those who pay for the "sport")

Deer1_18_June.jpg

Deer2_18_June.jpg

1931 "Blonde Crazy"
“Mmm, that dirty, double-crossin’ rat”
or so they say. I always thought it was "You dirty rat!" Either way, yours is probably dirty and definitely dead and clearly hasn't had his teeth cleaned in many years, poor thing! His teeth do go quite nicely with the lost chair... It's so interesting that you came upon these both during your walk, Malcolm.

Bridges at Dartmeet

Contrasting bridges at Dartmeet, where the East and West Dart rivers meet on Dartmoor, Devon, UK

1060381.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here the remains of the old Clapper Bridge, probably built some 3,000 or more years ago

1060379.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here, just a few yards downstream, the much more "modern" bridge
Panasonic GH2 with 14mm, f/2.5 lens

Barrie

Seen while strolling my university's campus, when I was tired of working on my thesis last week:

Red... or is it?
7665036698_38edcd36df_b.jpg

And in the building of the professors and university officials, a statue of the university's namesake, enlightenment thinker Desiderius Erasmus
7665065242_a071472ce5_b.jpg

Back