Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

if your camera has 2 slots might be a good idea to start using 2 cards. Or attach the camera to your computer via cable and never take your card out. 3rd option, keep a spare in your knapsac, purse, bag. Just like extra batteries. We've all been there
I've tried keeping an extra card in every camera bag I have in active service on top of methodically checking batteries, cards, etc. every time a pack for an outing. But even those extra cards need to be checked for existence periodically, since once they go into rotation, they're "lost"... Even if I purposely choose slower cards as backups. Being too slow for the a7R III's large files is supposed to frustrate me enough to keep them only as backups, but even this isn't foolproof.

I concur. And I didn't claim it was foolproof. It just comes in handy. Think of it as suggestions if you will. I'm thinking 100gb internal drive, fastest speed out there of course. That should be in all of the top end camera's. Forget about the cards and all that stuff. Only drawback is drive failure. Unlikely scenario nowadays. And you will have to either connect or have something like a wireless N connection for wireless file transfer. Sound like an idea. And the drive could be replaceable for a minimum amount.

_DSC9318.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Stumbled across a Pride festival I had no clue was going on this weekend.

Only had the Z fc and Z 85/1.8 with me, so made the best I could with what I had. I think there is some success to be found here.
Heavily post processed in Nik Analog Efex.

06-17-2022_pride1_zfc_DSC_3005_nik_analog_vcamc.jpg

06-17-2022_pride1_zfc_DSC_3071_nik_analog_vcamc.jpg

06-17-2022_pride1_zfc_DSC_3122_nik_analog_vcamc.jpg

06-17-2022_pride1_zfc_DSC_3153_nik_analog_vcamc.jpg

06-17-2022_pride1_zfc_DSC_3164_NIK_ANALOG_VCAMC.jpg

These days, the first thing I do when I pick up a camera to go out is turn it on and check the battery for charge and the card for shots left.

'Twas not always so ...

I also use big cards these days.

Camera only has one slot ......

I usually put the card straight back in after processing, but I think I've been distracted with learning new software etc.

I have a spare card in little blue holder, but put it somewhere safe and can't find it! Have checked my bags, so am quite mystified :)

Lately I've only been taking my camera on walks with the dog, for about 40 minutes or so, and I don't always take a bag for these walks .... so no spare card and battery. I might need to revise my habits, but this time of year light often poor .... dull, perhaps I should say, which makes me feel dull, and I don't usually shoot as often.

Camera only has one slot ......

I usually put the card straight back in after processing, but I think I've been distracted with learning new software etc.

I have a spare card in little blue holder, but put it somewhere safe and can't find it! Have checked my bags, so am quite mystified :)

Lately I've only been taking my camera on walks with the dog, for about 40 minutes or so, and I don't always take a bag for these walks .... so no spare card and battery. I might need to revise my habits, but this time of year light often poor .... dull, perhaps I should say, which makes me feel dull, and I don't usually shoot as often.
My many frustrating moments with battery exhausted or (full) cards has had a good learning curve:
I never leave for a photo outing without a fully loaded battery and a second 16 or 32 GB card.
And I keep formatting my cards every two or three months (all the new photos are immediately stored on the computer and an external HD).
No more missed photos and no more lost photos.

My many frustrating moments with battery exhausted or (full) cards has had a good learning curve:
I never leave for a photo outing without a fully loaded battery and a second 16 or 32 GB card.
And I keep formatting my cards every two or three months (all the new photos are immediately stored on the computer and an external HD).
No more missed photos and no more lost photos.

I'm diligent about reformatting after reading something years ago, about benefits of it.

I also read something about benefits of importing from card rather than camera as well, but too long ago to remember the rationale.

I usually check when I'm going out for a few hours, but if just walking the dog, I tend to grab a camera and nothing else. But I can certainly see the value in checking card and battery before leaving the house!! I also had spent battery recently!

Back