Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

little water
1prikö jov.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I visited Oslo very recently and while it was expensive, it wasn't terribly more so than my own Helsinki. Guess that makes Helsinki #2 then.

I wonder if Oslo is then maybe the most expensive town in Europe? Would Zurich beat it?

Isn't "everything that makes life fun" very heavily taxed and therefore very expensive in the Scandinavian Countries?
I remember this from a week in Stockholm with colleagues for the training on a new release of our product.
First evening after the trip most were very "thirsty" and with 4 or 5 rounds of beers, our financial director was "not amused" :rolleyes:
I found it an excellent idea though, having quit nicotine, alcohol and sweets a few years earlier :sneaky:
Too bad I couldn't take the idea back home. I think it would have solved our national deficit overnight 😁

Switzerland has always been considered very expensive over here as well. A good number of people don't go to hostels on vacation in Switzerland but hire something.
Unfortunately, any food that they bring with them is to be declared at the border. (declared = taxed)
Must be extra so nowadays that the CHF is more expensive than the EUR.

Isn't "everything that makes life fun" very heavily taxed and therefore very expensive in the Scandinavian Countries?
I remember this from a week in Stockholm with colleagues for the training on a new release of our product.
First evening after the trip most were very "thirsty" and with 4 or 5 rounds of beers, our financial director was "not amused" :rolleyes:
I found it an excellent idea though, having quit nicotine, alcohol and sweets a few years earlier :sneaky:
Too bad I couldn't take the idea back home. I think it would have solved our national deficit overnight 😁

Switzerland has always been considered very expensive over here as well. A good number of people don't go to hostels on vacation in Switzerland but hire something.
Unfortunately, any food that they bring with them is to be declared at the border. (declared = taxed)
Must be extra so nowadays that the CHF is more expensive than the EUR.
I thought Reykjavík was pretty expensive, Copenhagen even more so, but a survey I read somewhere claimed that Tromsø was the most expensive city in Europe. On Switzerland, all I know is that my company had a high expense 'per diem' rate for the country, but an even higher one if you had to visit Zurich. I recall it still didn't cover the actual cost of meals there.

Back