Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

ZFC_1089.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Laowa 10mm f/4 Cookie, hyperfocal (set to 1m) at f/8.

M.

The field next to my place has been fenced in and will be used as a truck farm. Hopefully as a result the "Dust Bowl" will be gone!
View attachment 337102
As a farm kid I always find it strange when farms are fenced in by chain link - in my day that would have been far too fancy and expensive for us. Three strands of barbed wire was about all we could do to keep up and maintained. Chicken wire at the bottom when keeping pests out was especially important. When I see chain link farm fences, I say "luxury!"

As a farm kid I always find it strange when farms are fenced in by chain link - in my day that would have been far too fancy and expensive for us. Three strands of barbed wire was about all we could do to keep up and maintained. Chicken wire at the bottom when keeping pests out was especially important. When I see chain link farm fences, I say "luxury!"
This is done to prevent people helping themselves to produce as a popular walking and cycling trail sits right next to the field. All the orange groves in the area have also been chain-link fenced for the same reason. Visually the fencing is less than attractive!
Oranges fenced.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 337232

View attachment 337233

Being the proverbial fly-on-the-wall at an event commemorating Operation Market-Garden.
Preparing for a visit from the recently-appointed US Ambassador.

Contax IIa, CZJ 5cm f/2 Sonnar + Y2 Filter, Kentmere 400
My father was with the 82nd Airborne during Operation Market Garden, among others. He was wounded, shot in the arm, during the Battle of the Bulge. That wound would bother him his entire life. He passed away in 2016, at 90 years old.

My father was with the 82nd Airborne during Operation Market Garden, among others. He was wounded, shot in the arm, during the Battle of the Bulge. That wound would bother him his entire life. He passed away in 2016, at 90 years old.

We were camped down at Southern end of the John S. Thompson Bridge near Grave, named after Lt Thompson and the 15 men of the 504th, 82nd Airborne who captured it with a surprise attack at the start of Market-Garden. This was "Bridge 11" in the Operation.

I participated in this Living History event last weekend as a US Army cameraman.

Last edited:
We were camped down at Southern end of the John S. Thompson Bridge near Grave, named after Lt Thompson and the 15 men of the 504th, 82nd Airborne who captured it with a surprise attack at the start of Market-Garden. This was "Bridge 11" in the Operation. I participated as a US Army cameraman.

Geez, and I thought I was old ... 🤯 .

And good for you. I very much appreciate all those who gave up so much that the world could have peace.
Then that mad man in Russia wants to do it all over again ...

Geez, and I thought I was old ...
🤯

And good for you. I very much appreciate all those who gave up so much that the world could have peace.
Then that mad man in Russia wants to do it all over again ...
Oops sorry, I should've made it clear we were there as a re-enactment group for the 78th anniversary of Operation Market-Garden ;)
I shot that little clip on Saturday.

Grave2022.jpeg

DSC00155.JPG

casa loma

Last edited:
Back