Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

DSC_0710.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Easy to produce, fun to explore ... only one surface, only one edge, a 2D object in 3D space ...

M.
An object that patently cannot exist, but can be made with a couple of feet of lavatory paper and some sticky tape. Love Möbius objects!

An object which neatly demonstrates our failure to comprehend the fundamental geometry of space/time.

An object that patently cannot exist, but can be made with a couple of feet of lavatory paper and some sticky tape. Love Möbius objects!

An object which neatly demonstrates our failure to comprehend the fundamental geometry of space/time.
Combine two mirrored ones, and you get a Klein bottle.

Clilff Stoll is kind of an icon ...

The latest installment ...

I could go on nerding out on this stuff for some while 😁

M.

... so I will :p

:2thumbs:

M.
The most fascinating objects. And if you like this kind of mind-puzzling objects, the world of M C. Escher is a treasure trove (Home).
His moebius strips are just fantastic: escher moebius strip – Qwant Search
Hofstadter's "Goedel, Escher, Bach" was one of my favourite books during my student times. Brain cells jogging!

And when you slice it you have two interlocking strips IIRC. A delightful 2D conundrum in a 3D world.

Ooops, I see it has been demonstrated above that this is not so. Sorry about that.
Second cut will do that - two interlocking triply twisted Möbius loops ...

The linked hearts are a nice little Valentine's Day trick, btw. - one I actually teach my students, language teacher or not.

M.

Back