Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

Harbour staff, huge spanner and Loch Ness Monster - oh, and a part of a 109 year old Norwegian 3-masted barque ;)

WB_FUJZ5814 Workmen with huge spanner V&A.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was thinking if I should put it in the Macro section but I think it might have a bit more appeal here:
OVI03672-Edit.JPG

UK has been hit by a very cold air front from the Artic region and we've had some really chilly weather (for England that is), where we have very a fe lw degrees above freezing during the day and well below freezing at night. Most bodies of water have frozen and, yesterday, I noticed some fuzziness on some of the ice while walking about to rest my new (used copy Like New condition) to me Tamron 70-180mm f 2.8 Di III VXD.

OVI03676-Edit.JPG

So I think why not try the macro capabilities of the lens, soni get in as close as I can, put the camera in Manual Focus at 70mm and get about 1:2 magnification. I realised those are tiny towers of ice Crystals formed on top of each other. The image is cropped from vertical to horizontal orientation on the area of focus.

OVI03934.JPG

About an hour later I notice that even the vegetation is heavily frozen with ice crystals, but this time I wanted something more wide to get more context.

OVI03933-Edit.JPG

This is heavily cropped and shot from above the frozen leaf because I wanted to see more of the geometric shapes of the ice crystals towers, quite heavily cropped. I need to get my macro lens with me and focus about an hour or two on the ice crystals and get some amazing shots tomorrow, this is amazing.

Also, now with, Tamron 28-75mm f 2.8 G2 and Tamron 70-180mm f 2.8 it feels like I have very close to the capabilities of Olympus 12-40mm f 2.8 Pro and Panasonic 50-200mm f 2.8-4 in terms of size, weight and close up capabilities and amazing IQ. Just pure fun and awesomeness combo for me.

Well done, Rick.

Thanks, I'm not done experimenting to find the best combination of exposure and developing for this film. But I'm starting to get results I like.
Next time I'll probably cut down on agitation a bit, and maybe go with a stronger developing solution.

CN230126.jpg

"Beware of the bull"

Back