Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

_DSC1356.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@mike3996
What an interesting statue.
Please us more.
Thanks
I know as little as you do. It is located in Storo district in Oslo. I don't usually study the reasons why a statue is erected. It's almost always some political cause I don't care about. I care what it contributes either as subject matter or as a visual element in my composition. :)

Good Evening,

After the temps dropped to about -16*F and the winds gusted to nearly 60 M.P.H., my woodlands took a beating. One of the largest pines (~90 feet) snapped midway from the base and caused a total blockage of the path down to where I keep my watercraft. It will be a "chainsaw party" at some point when the weather gets more stable.

Regards,

Edd

Clean Break.JPG
Fallen-1.JPG
Debris-1.JPG
Normal Tree.JPG

Last edited:
Thumbs up for the photo, but a frowny face for the implications.

View attachment 364225

Walked around the demolished old flats in my area, new apartments should be ready around this time next year
Konica C35 FD, 38mm f/1.8 Hexanon, expired Agfa Aviphot(?)

There's a project to build new houses, just one street over from me, on some vacant land. On paper it sounds great, but some past initiatives have in the west of where I live have gone badly wrong. It has been intensive housing (for NZ), and created a kind of mini slum area in some places. When/if you drive there, you can see the lack of care for the properties, rubbish, fences falling down, grass up to the windows, dogs roaming, wrecked cars, torn curtains .......... Quite scary .... and very sad.

Another set of flats a few blocks closer to where I live were knocked down and rebuilt a year ago. They are actually pretty nice, better insulated and roomier for the renters.
Those in the photo above will be rebuilt in the same style.

KO230207.jpg

Same location, same camera. Last of the 3 buildings about to be knocked down.

Back