Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

P3110083.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P3110064.jpg

P3100100.jpg

Always happy to receive another convert in our midst. :D
Mike, I've owned two Leica outfits, about 30 years apart. Never again.

I never understood the so-called "Leica look". Beautifully made, but the optics are no better than some others, and worse than what I consider adequate for a well designed kit lens in many cases. What is 'special' is the outrageous pricing ...

If I were to drop that sort of money on a new camera, it would be on a Hasselblad X2D, which really, actually does have a special look to its images.

And, I could easily afford either, but choose not to.

I came across this sculpture of three people absorbed in their mobile phones on the Kaohsiung waterfront and thought, if I wait here someone looking at a phone is bound to turn up, and sure enough this man passed by a few minutes later with phone in hand. What I didn't realise at the time and discovered when I went for an evening walk along the waterfront is that the 'screens' of the phones in the sculpture are illuminated so the three people are lit by a typical mobile phone glow.

DSC06871.jpg

DSCF2560.jpg

Definitely my 'hero image' from yesterday - these boys were walking past with their big bag of candyfloss
while I was taking a photo of the paste-up on the wall and without any prompting arranged themselves
perfectly and asked to have their picture taken. Then they all crowded round my LCD to have a look :)

They referred to themselves as The Candy Gang - great bunch of kids!

FZFC_3134 Candy GangWh.jpg

Back