Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

Thanks so much, Milan. I do understand what you're saying and agree it's good to keep this thread alive.:drinks: Maybe I'll create a separate set for myself on Flickr to help me reflect on a more personal basis. I know some have their own websites, but that's beyond my scope at this stage of things. I can barely keep up here and with some of the good photo friends on Flickr (some of which are here and there).

6888626539_43cee090b5_b.jpg

A view I can pass by everyday if I want to, though it will never look the same, as seen by me with my Fuji X100.

While out taking cemetery pictures with my Graflex folder and my wife this afternoon I realized that my hand held light meter was dead. So I grabbed the D-Lux 5, handed it to my wife and asked her to use it as a spot meter for my light readings. I had it set to 100 ISO and black and white the same as the film I was using, gave her some basic camera function instructions and away we went. Not only did she give me the light readings I needed but took about 30 pretty amazing images which I was jealous of. Here's a few that I just had to share even though they're not mine. Oh, to make things worse she's a talented painter to boot...now I'm really jealous. :D

ColumnCrossWeb.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ColumnsWeb.jpg

PilasterWeb.jpg

TiledFloorWeb.jpg

WroughtIronWeb.jpg

BOBweb.jpg

I love your triptych, Milan - this is with your cell phone, yes? The color tones remind me so much of some very old color prints from long ago that my father took.

Christina, I like the looks of your Camera Bag effects - especially love the happy Golden Retriever and those foreign ciggies.;)

Stunning image, Mark - those "dozers" of yours look as though they're in clover. Beautiful black and white.

There are some really great photos in this thread!
Most of my photography is strolling and shooting. I usually get teased by my coworkers as I am usually spotted at lunchtime walking through the city where I work, looking for things to photograph. I've also recently started taking German classes on Saturday mornings in downtown San Francisco and try to get there early so I can wander the streets looking for subject material. Here is a shot I took with a recently acquired LX5.
6493248937_63e1ec0a92.jpg

les chaussures by Arachide, on Flickr

Back