Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

Cyclist and surveillance camera.
Stroll 28 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Color Skopar 28mm F3.5 LTM

Took a photographer friend to a scenic mountainside forest trail today. Only to find out there was some kind of a film crew filming some kind of feature film, which initially prevented us from walking past.

View attachment 457761
Presumably it's a public space? Carry on with your walk. Let them wait. If they don't like it, tough. (Can you tell I've had bad experiences with self-important TV/film types in the past?)

Presumably it's a public space? Carry on with your walk. Let them wait. If they don't like it, tough. (Can you tell I've had bad experiences with self-important TV/film types in the past?)

It was indeed a public space, and I also understand that they cannot commandeer public tax-funded spaces for themselves ... unless they had a filmmaking permit that allows them to do so.

I didn't press them to produce a permit, I did notice that they were mostly young people. One of them was wearing a t-shirt that alluded to them being from a filmmaking school that I'm familiar with. It took them a few minutes to do a take, and then they let us through.

I was annoyed about it but I also tried to balance it with the practicalities of a bunch of students doing their best with a minimal budget.

Only to find out there was some kind of a film crew filming some kind of feature film, which initially prevented us from walking past.

It was indeed a public space, and I also understand that they cannot commandeer public tax-funded spaces for themselves ... unless they had a filmmaking permit that allows them to do so.

We are all too used to that here. Many feature films have been partially shot in Cape Town. The city welcomes film crews and scalps them for permit fees.
Sometimes entire roads are blocked off, venues (restaurants) closed for filming. Because our seasons are opposite to those in the northern hemisphere and
because our weather is usually pretty good and because we have a very willing workforce who get paid in foreign currency, it's a big thing in South Africa.

Back