Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

I wish that I'd had my LX5...

I was strolling along near home on a walk I've done regularly for about the last 10 years and a deer ran in front of me without warning. I've only seen one here once before.

P1050331.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1050332.jpg

P1050333.jpg

All I had was the G1 with the 20mm. I wish that I'd had the LX5 with me for some better magnification. Still, at least I had my camera ready..........

Back to basics

A stroll with my Panasonic G1 and 14mm lens this afternoon. I found the camera was still set to take both raw and jpeg, so I decided to process some of the jpegs on my old Windows 2000 machine running Photoshop 7 ( I keep it to use my Epson R800 printer).

So a little adjustment of levels, curves and a slight boost to saturation, USM applied to the lightness channel in LAB mode and here are the results.

1050447.jpg

1050451.jpg

Now, I'm wondering about getting a Panasonic LX7 as a more convenient "keep with me" camera, as a Corel Aftershot Pro user on Linux ( formerly Bibble Pro 5) I wouldn't be able to process raw files from the LX7 at the moment, and probably not for some time, however jpegs might be the way to go in the meantime.

Barrie

Back