Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

I spent a day in my favourite city today, took the MAT to the hospickal (that was a joy - just a shopfront which opened into a perfectly tidy workshop with a precision metalworking lathe, optical bench and whatnot, and shelves full of repaired, repairing and ready-to-repair cameras all the way from a humble P&S up to pro electronic underwater gear via all sorts of LF goodies) and then spent some time at the Arnolfini and sitting on the Quay watching the Matthew manouvering in Floating Harbour.
Weather: strong sunshine, mild, hazy blue skies.
Perfect for photography!
How many photographs did I take?

One.

here it is ... I am always tickled by the Bristolian propensity to be unable to resist a pun ...

Boy in A Hood(ie)

EPL-3 with Panny 20mm F 1.7.

P2240863-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P2240873-Edit.jpg

I don't know how it is that you get away with having what looks like spring over there, Malcolm! What a serene scene. I feel like grabbing a book and a chair...while they fish. Such a lovely sky - so softly those clouds seem to waft over the still leafless branches...and that swath of rough roadway. Very nicely framed.

My wanderings have included discovering more about the area that we're moving to. Here are two from a wandering just the other day, albeit via my MINI. We decided to go check out a part of "town" that is likely going to have a small microbrewery where a defunct dairy farm stands now... This first shot is from atop part of Iron Mountain...looking down at the cleared portion of the Iron Mountain Preserve.

8507192033_40ffedb8cb_c.jpg

Camera Roll-2342 by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr

This second, also take with the handy dandy iPhone, is down around the other side of the mountain...looking across a vast wetland. Rather eerily beautiful, I thought.

8510091817_b366cd686e_c.jpg

Camera Roll-2356 by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr

Well BB, British weather changes from hour to hour, today was sunny but about 6deg C, in fact over the weekend our weather was colder than the part of Norway in the Arctic circle. Never the less we are still getting some signs of spring but some plants are delayed.

Incidentally that fishing pond was dug in medieval times to keep fish fresh for one of the then local Bishops.

This is the larger pond near by. They are called Stew Ponds for obvious reasons.

X100pond2.jpg

Just think of having your own pond to keep your fish fresh! Stew ponds - what a great name.

True, true, I have always heard that about British weather...so I'll calm down. I do love the history that you have compared to us colonials as BillN always called us over across the pond. You surely had a great day that day, Malcolm.

I was on "walkies" with my 2 buddies. I wish I had taken the camera along today, too.....saw a couple more great ones, but it was pretty slippery and weather sealing is all well and good, but a smashed camera because I slip and fall just won't do.

Back